Help with a few things?

Hey guys, just wondering a few things, firstly the part of the bonnet that covers the gap how expensive would it be to change this and how easy is it to do? Unfortunately the previous owner has cracked it and covered it with a horrible carbon style wrap with little dragon on it. Secondly, where's the fuse box? Lol my cigarette lighter isn't working so I'm assuming this is the issue, and finally, the piston like objects that hold the boot open are broken and the boot won't hold up are these expensive to replace and any ideas where to get them?

Hi

I think you may mean the bonnet scoop? You could post a 'Wanted' ad, or you sometimes see them on eBay, or you could contact AMS (corporate member on here who can supply spares). Can't advise re ease of changing, though.

The tailgate struts seem to fail over time - several members have recommended buying from here:

http://www.sgs-engineering.com/car-boot-tailgate/toyota/celica/nl2241-toyota-celica-boot-strut

• Like 1

gap? you mean the bit that fits along the front around the bonnet catch/rad fixings seen when the bonnet is up?

plenty of breakers about if so and its a five min job to change

boot struts tbh would do the same and pick some off a breaker that do work well, again easy job to change

Ams will likely be able to help you out with any secondhand parts if you not confident to strip yourself at a local breakers yard

:wttc:

Insurance and registration both comes up as a 1.8 vvti 140 bhp

Best pic I can get, think you can even see it's been badly wrapped

Okay I just read up on it, discontinued, wouldn't be original, and would be wrong to actually put one on if it's not one lol, plus it's not the symbol it's a Chinese dragon

post-47857-0-73903600-1420158100_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tactilemoon

the fuse for the cig lighter is on the driver side under the dash. If you were sitting in the driver seat it would be by your left knee/leg, you should notice a plastic cover that you should be able to pull off and will have the fuse diagram on the other side :thumbs:

Hi & welcome - ref the cigarette lighter problem.Just before you start chasing around for the fuse are you certain that the socket is dead? . . . . it may be that it's the element/coil in the cigarette lighter itself.

Could I suggest that you plug something else in the socket first, anything that will tell you if the socket is working ( lamp,map light,extension socket with a tell tail light on it).

HTH

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.