can't get oil filter off

go straight through - if you go half way and it doesnt move it will be harder afterwards as it will part tear open

when you refit put a film of oil on the rubber seal as well

when you refit put a film of oil on the rubber seal as well

Done the screw driver trick a few times. Worst one was when the screw driver turned and the filter wouldn't, cut the thing in half. Fortunately at the last min when I thought the filter was going to come in two it moved..

Prefer the filter on my Seat. Big socket on plastic lid, remove plastic lid, lift out filter. A little bit messy even when everything is ok but a lot less messy than a stuck screw on filter.

I had this exact same problem the other day, my car was missing a splash shield so water got onto the filter and it rusted on. I gave it a blast of plus gas, gave it a few taps with a hammer, stabbed a screwdriver through it and it broke loose eventually after a few sharp whacks. Replacement splash cover fitted, hopefully won't have the same problem next time.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.