A TIP FOR SIEZED BOLTS

tonna1

I use diesel! (the fuel, not the aftershave!) I paint it on with a brush the evening before I am going to begin any job that may involve tight bolts, which is most jobs on older cars. The results are great! I have never struggled with any bolts since I have been using it. It was suggested by a mate at work as I mentioned to him that I really struggle sometimes as I only have one arm. (bike crash 5 years ago). ONE VERY IMPORTANT SAFETY NOTE! ALWAYS WEAR RUBBER GLOVES & ONLY USE IN WELL VENTILATED AREAS! Hope this will be of use to those like me who only feel comfortable either with a spanner in your hand or behind the wheel of your Celica!

Thanks guys found plus gas on the world of the bay so will order some up

I Do need to get an impact wrench soon as well

hopefully a lil lube and gentle persuasion it may budge ( sounds kinda wrong sorry)

Thanks guys found plus gas on the world of the bay so will order some up

I Do need to get an impact wrench soon as well

hopefully a lil lube and gentle persuasion it may budge ( sounds kinda wrong sorry)

Once you get it moving, don't keep undoing it. Undo it, do it up, un do it a bit more then wind it on again etc. Works any dirt or rust on the thread out of the nut you are taking off so it doesn't build up :)

• Like 1

Once you get it moving, don't keep undoing it. Undo it, do it up, un do it a bit more then wind it on again etc. Works any dirt or rust on the thread out of the nut you are taking off so it doesn't build up :)

Thanks Alex fingers crossed as can't warrant paying a garage to change my disks and pads just because I couldn't get a bolt undone

+1 keep adding oil / WD each time.

I spray liberally with WD40 then put 3 in 1 oil on it and leave to soak, recently did this on a trolley jack that had been buried in the garden (dont ask!!) for six years. When dug up everything was seized, after a jet wash it was sprayed in wd40 then the 3 in 1 oil applied and bobs your granny its now working. the only thing that I snapped was the plastic filler cap on resevoir.

I will add that my 3 in 1 is about ten years old I know a lot of stuff has changed of late due to Eu regulations and what chemicals are now allowed.

I spray liberally with WD40 then put 3 in 1 oil on it and leave to soak, recently did this on a trolley jack that had been buried in the garden (dont ask!!) for six years. When dug up everything was seized, after a jet wash it was sprayed in wd40 then the 3 in 1 oil applied and bobs your granny its now working. the only thing that I snapped was the plastic filler cap on resevoir.

I will add that my 3 in 1 is about ten years old I know a lot of stuff has changed of late due to Eu regulations and what chemicals are now allowed.

Sorry, but I've got to ask :D Is it something like a squirrel hiding things away for the future ?

Beware using WD40 on anything that has rubber seals such as hydraulics or door locks. It can also make some plastics brittle.

Sorry, but I've got to ask :D Is it something like a squirrel hiding things away for the future ?

Beware using WD40 on anything that has rubber seals such as hydraulics or door locks. It can also make some plastics brittle.

Its a massive jack ex garage, it was too heavy to move about and I decided that I had enough of messing with cars, was doing a bit of land fill at the side of the house and decided to throw in there along with loads of old tools and stuff!! What i did not realise is how deep I buried it.

Got myself a piddly jack but now I have another celica to play with I wanted to be able to jack both wheels at the same time, so had this bright idea to dig it up!! Now I have a knackered back hydraulic oil all over the block paving and the Mrs giving me no end of grief. Should have just gone and bought a new one!

On the plus side, I do now have a hole in the ground about the size of the Mrs, and seems a shame to waste it!

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.