stage 2 cams vs Honda civic EP3

Jay_28

gt86 definitely needs a turbo, I was working for toyota last year and got a chance to drive both auto and manual gt86' and I was very disappointed, they do feel slow imo and I did feel like I was in a heavy car. Never driven a type r, but have always been a fan after being a passanger in an fn2 its put me off although iv'e always preferred the ep3, definitely wouldn't turn down a go in an integra type r either, but very impressed and happy with my T sport at the mo :D.

Civics look bland, and the new civic looks like a futuristic car, almost a concept. Now the integra type r.. Now that ill have!

Civics look bland, and the new civic looks like a futuristic car, almost a concept. Now the integra type r.. Now that ill have!

Edit*

Oh and I beat a type r last month but I've got stage two cams and was shout "LIFT YO" out the window. May have disrupted his gear changing

• Like 1

I always liked the honda vtecs just as much as the vvtli. To me the idea of a car you can drive normally everyday with good economy but will go like stink if you rev is perfect. Turbos spoil the fun in the same way as diesel does IMO. I like my performance accompanied by wailing banshees!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

So to beat an ep3 you will really need

Limited slip diff

Lightened flywheel

Engine polybushes to keep it composed

Light weight driver lol Sub 13 stone

No alloys (this would reduce weight)

strip interior

Basically heard a 190 will outdo a ep3 if lightened. Sports m v ep3 would b interesting lol

Edited by Jay_28

Lol, each to their I guess, we all have different tastes but I highly doubt the teg will blow this 2.0litre turbo type r out of the water

Well having see one in front off a bmw m3 and he couldn't pass the teg on track,I doubt it will blow it out off the water,teg was made for racing this isn't

Have you driven a integra type r?

Edited by looney

I've driven a few EP3's in various stages of modification and they are pretty impressive. It's a shame lift doesn't engage at 5.5k like a VTEC as it would get rid of that flat spot in the mid range a bit quicker. Do stage 2 cams make lift happen lower down in the revs?

I've driven a few EP3's in various stages of modification and they are pretty impressive. It's a shame lift doesn't engage at 5.5k like a VTEC as it would get rid of that flat spot in the mid range a bit quicker. Do stage 2 cams make lift happen lower down in the revs?

Stage 2's just make getting to lift (6200rpm) much quicker.

My Celica decimated an EP3 on the way home a few nights back. Albeit my car has an extra 2 driven wheels and a wooosh tishhh sound. ;)

Theres nothing quite like covering an ep3 in your faff's petrol fart as you leave it behind!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.