stage 2 cams vs Honda civic EP3

Jay_28

I've been up against a few EP3s on track. Not a lot in it if they are standard. Me them, me them. Usually by the end of the straight they are in front but I corner better. If they are set up well with a good driver in them they usually beat me. Only Hondas that shit all over me are TEGs. I've a lot of respect for them.

Ive had a little play with an EP3 and a FN2. EP3s are pretty quick, my mad NA Celica can keep up with an EP3 maybe even overtake if I find a long enough straight. FN2s on the other hand are sloooowww, silly torsion bar and extra weight makes all the difference.

I drag raced a modded EP3 at the Pod and it annihilated me :(

Ive had a little play with an EP3 and a FN2. EP3s are pretty quick, my mad NA Celica can keep up with an EP3 maybe even overtake if I find a long enough straight. FN2s on the other hand are sloooowww, silly torsion bar and extra weight makes all the difference.

I drag raced a modded EP3 at the Pod and it annihilated me :(

Theres a few going around with tubbys or charged ones. Was a fella at Leeds meet other week, ep3 and it had a massive turbo, carbon doors, bonnet and stripped out!

interesting that the civic lacks in some areas though

No TRC

No VSC

No climate control

No side airbags

*Seems celica is more safety orientated not a bag thing*

Plus points for civic

Seats look more comfortable and better (not sure about driving position)

Gear shifter

Better stance on stock

Personally speaking id love one BUT not worth the extra cost in my opinion for what you get....

However in years to come i will DEFFO be looking at getting this 280bhp beast! It apparently will have very accessible torque low down... Jst what the doctor ordered

post-39534-0-04083800-1392918951_thumb.jpg

post-39534-0-85394200-1392919032_thumb.jpg

post-39534-0-58176900-1392919036_thumb.jpg

I think that looks ugly,the inside looks like the bridge of the starship enterprise,it's deffo not for me.

If I was gonna get a civic it would be one of the last of the old shape on a 06 plate,or even better just buy a teg for performance

I think that looks ugly,the inside looks like the bridge of the starship enterprise,it's deffo not for me.

If I was gonna get a civic it would be one of the last of the old shape on a 06 plate,or even better just buy a teg for performance

Lol, each to their I guess, we all have different tastes but I highly doubt the teg will blow this 2.0litre turbo type r out of the water

interesting that the civic lacks in some areas though

No TRC

No VSC

No climate control

No side airbags

*Seems celica is more safety orientated not a bag thing*

Plus points for civic

Seats look more comfortable and better (not sure about driving position)

Gear shifter

Better stance on stock

Personally speaking id love one BUT not worth the extra cost in my opinion for what you get....

However in years to come i will DEFFO be looking at getting this 280bhp beast! It apparently will have very accessible torque low down... Jst what the doctor ordered

vtec just kicked in yo! or was it the turbo.. urgh. Glad to see Honda have realised that NA engines just cant cut it anymore in terms of power and efficiency, should have done it a civic ago though.

Edited by Zuban

They don't really need an answer. They need some halo cars like the GT86 and whatever the FT1 will become to attract some of the good will of enthusiasts, but models like the Celica have never been that profitable. This is why the bean counters came in with the 7 and try and save costs by fitting the cheapest interior they could, no GT4 model, etc..

This is Toyota's real battle: http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424127887323375204578269181060493750

also technologically every manufacturer has and uses the equivalent of vtec its now more a marketing thing like 16v was for a while although I bet this will be a pretty good engine with lots of potential.

Personally I don't like EP3s or FN2s. I don't really like any 'performance' version standard cars as there are plenty of the standard versions about. There are plenty of normal civics about but when you see a celica, people auto think its a sporty car. I have never been in an EP3 but I do not like the interior at all, the gear stick position puts me off straight away. Iv been in an FN2 and it feels like a big car with a small engine imo (i know this is what Jeremy Clarkson said), to me the 190 celica feels much quicker and handles better than the FN2.

They are similar enough in performance that I would say it will mostly come down to the person behind the wheel. With both of them in the hands of 'The Stig', I would guess that the EP3 would be marginally quicker though!!

Don't like the look of that new Civic at all.

Manufacturers have virtually no option now but to go with turbo engines so that they can meet emissions regulations, gone are the days of 2zz and k20 engines!!

Agree with supersai about the EP3's gear stick position though

They are similar enough in performance that I would say it will mostly come down to the person behind the wheel. With both of them in the hands of 'The Stig', I would guess that the EP3 would be marginally quicker though!!

Don't like the look of that new Civic at all.

Manufacturers have virtually no option now but to go with turbo engines so that they can meet emissions regulations, gone are the days of 2zz and k20 engines!!

Agree with supersai about the EP3's gear stick position though

R.I.P 2ZZ

R.I.P K20

Enjoy the last of n/a high revving engines and take pleasure in knowing that you were the last to experience them in their true form ;)

The future is green, the future is eco friendly

Edited by Jay_28

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.