How much does Toyota actually know about their cars?

scottyyy

Yes, I almost got ripped off with vw. My passat was leaking fuel a few years ago... Took it to vw they quoted me 280 quid and said it was the fuel housing... Went somewhere else .. turns out to be the fuel filter... A 20 quid job :angry:

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I will never ever buy a Car from the Audi vw group and it's exactly that kinda customer service makes me realise why I wouldn't go there

Example 1. VW - We don't want you buying discs elsewheres for cheaper so we won't give you the disc size we are not allowed to give out that information LOL

Example 2. Toyota - we can email you diagrams and part numbers so we can both be sure you get the right part

I find Toyota open and transparent in that sense its for this reason I will remain a customer for a long time coming

As for VW I could put in a complaint to trading standards or go through a freedom of information request lol couldn't be asked instead spoke to eurocarparts and a chap there gave me their part numbers

How silly

I phoned Toyota Bridgnd today to find out how much the service plans cost, gave my registration (54 plate) then the lady says to me "how old is that, nearly 12 years old?" I said no it was out late 2004 so its nearly 10 years. She then replies "So when was the car actually made" I said this car was 2004.. "what month was this?" I said im not sure I just got the car last week, but being a 54 plate it should of been registered after half way through the year.. "ok thank you" I should get paid for doing her job... Are all Toyota dealers this dim? lol :brickwall: :rolleyes:

Scotty why you want a service plan dude?

Piece of cake to do yourself ;)

All I'd get is a halfords professional tool set, Jack and stands then you can service for a lifetime, lifetime plan :D

Edited by Jay_28

I was enquiring to see how much it would cost. You wouldn't believe it... Don't tell anyone... But I know nothing about cars under the bonnet .. I know how to top the water up for the washer jets though lol So me servicing is out of the question. At least with Toyota I would trust them to do the job right :)

I was enquiring to see how much it would cost. You wouldn't believe it... Don't tell anyone... But I know nothing about cars under the bonnet .. I know how to top the water up for the washer jets though lol So me servicing is out of the question. At least with Toyota I would trust them to do the job right :)

Lol we all start somewhere mate, ud be surprised just how simple a service is and how much people pay!

Watch some YouTube videos get a couple of mates round and give it a go, oil, plugs and air filter easiest jobs ever! ;)

One of my local Toyota dealerships (silsden) used to have a proper dodgey mechanic working there he dint even know what a celica was. He thought it was a Prius

As Planc knows I used to work there......34 years ago! They were the 6th oldest Toyota dealership in the country and people came from all over the north east to get their cars serviced there. it was a great time to be a mechanic!

It was different in those days, old school mechanicing with cars you could always fix first time because they were so simple!

That's why I still run an oldie.......even I can remember how it works! :D

Lol we all start somewhere mate, ud be surprised just how simple a service is and how much people pay!

Watch some YouTube videos get a couple of mates round and give it a go, oil, plugs and air filter easiest jobs ever! ;)

The air filter & oil ain't to bad... Have to see about the plugs. I got till August to have a fondle anyways, so plenty of time :D

It was different in those days, old school mechanicing with cars you could always fix first time because they were so simple!

That's why I still run an oldie.......even I can remember how it works!  :D

The oldest car I had was a 94 corsa :lol:

When i take my car to Toyota they seem to put more effort into trying to flog me the new GT86 than they do servicing the car. And are very quick to say how much better it is than the celica (cheek!) and then target me with VIP events for it for months after. They don't seem to have much appreciation for her.

Edited by thebakerbears

i got assraped by the toyota dealer on my service, wont be going back there again, shame really since it had full dealer history so i thought best to maintain it incase i decide to sell, but after having the car now i love it too much and would never sell it. so will do all the servicing myself from now on.

oilchange scares me the most since im gonna be directly under the car and if it flop onto to me then it would hurt a lot.

i got assraped by the toyota dealer on my service, wont be going back there again, shame really since it had full dealer history so i thought best to maintain it incase i decide to sell, but after having the car now i love it too much and would never sell it. so will do all the servicing myself from now on.

oilchange scares me the most since im gonna be directly under the car and if it flop onto to me then it would hurt a lot.

I only charge £10 - £15 for an oil and filter change if you bring the parts, Im in smethwick

The people you think you can trust the most and they shaft you up the rectum. :angry:

i gonna wait till summer, i changed the springs on my car on my own so doing oil change should not be as hard. and i did get the set of axle stands which i havent even used yet so need to put them to use. but it is good working on the car when the weather is nice.

When i take my car to Toyota they seem to put more effort into trying to flog me the new GT86 than they do servicing the car. And are very quick to say how much better it is than the celica (cheek!) and then target me with VIP events for it for months after. They don't seem to have much appreciation for her.

I would hope the GT86 is better than the celica....

GT86 = 25k

Celica T sport = 2.5k

Not very fair comparison really.

And who gives a shite about 0-60, such a bullshit figure. Mate has just bought a gt86, looking forward to roundabout drifting it in a few weeks. Slower than the Rickshaw, probably, more fun pushing the tail out, definitely!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.