being a bit naughty

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shush, they hate to be reminded it's more like 145! :lol:

Big lols from me. Been reading my Dyno sheet. Anyway BHP notwithstanding on the RR mine did 122 mph at 8,199 in 4th. Doubt a 6 GT would stay in front.

I could of kept up easily but my gen 6 will only do 120 mph then thats it ones the speedo touches that it cuts fuel and wont accelerate till it drops to 115. And at that spped my rev counter is only just starting to touch 5k so ive got another 5200 revs to go my uk spec hit 156mph and that's it ny import will only do 120mph.

And from my experience a 190 is the only gen 7 worth raciny as a 140 is fieste sports as in the zetec s 1.6 group for speed.

That reads like you have a 10.2k rev limit lol do you mean another 2500 revs? Because at the same rpm he'd have 3200, 2000 of which will be the engine screaming like an unchained banshee chewing on your eyeballs.

And disregarding a 140 is pretty narrow minded, particularly as there are so few ways of telling the difference. So much of it comes down to driver. The other night after a meet we went for a drive, a member had a Honda CRV yeah the big 4x4 thing.... He wasn't on our bumpers but we didn't lose him.

The size of the car does not directly reflect the size of the drivers bollocks ;) assumption is the mother of all f*** ups.

Yea thats what I ment and judging by the way he went round the roundabout and zipped in and out of traffic I would say he had pretty big b cahonas. And also im sure it was a 190 as I say I kept up. I couldn't close the gap and to be perfectly honest I think it was just starting to pull away but not a noticable amount.

If that last biy makes sense.

^ that sounds more reasonable. I'm thinking the same way but from the other perspective. Probably wouldn't notice the difference between an ST as a GT unless it was going flat out with me. Can only use that as comparison to the gen6 guys view on whether 140 or 190 lol

Well it had a red gt badge on the back all kitted up on what looked like standard 18 or 17 and a square scooby looking spoiler and I had my car full tilt and it stayed the same distance in front but u coild tell when it was hitting lift and my acis I think thsts what its called works really well every gear u can feel it cut in ad just over 5k revs.

sounds like you've been getting a draft mate. I've a nice 2 mile dual carriageway on the way home has a roundabout at the start so you get to cane it from bout 20mph. I've been surprised how much faster I can go behind somebody.

Having the car limited the way you do must be a real pain in the....

Surely a gen 6 GT starts properly kicking in after 80-100? My SR gets pumped in a straight line after 80 :angry:

I think its because its an import as my uk spec on went alot faster. But didnt accelerate anywhere near as quick as my current one.

fit uk clocks and it solves that. or get a delimiter chip ;)

I have had a few 190's in one of my gen 6's but the real thing is how its driven. if the 190 gets his gear changes right and keeps it in lift he will spank you, but the gen 6 has more power for more of the time meaning if the gen 7 is driven by a sloppy oaf or a middle aged woman you have a chance.

on anonther note i was talking the other day of spanking a import GT4 on a private road because he was limited to 118mph :P

I thought mine already had uk clocks ad it reads mph but stops at 120 buy it counts up in km how expensive is a new set of clocks and I think he drove it ok we started with about 2 to 3 car lengths between us and then 3 to 4 car lengths when I hit my top speed altho I hit everygear bang on for the first time in a very long time.

I thought mine already had uk clocks ad it reads mph but stops at 120 buy it counts up in km how expensive is a new set of clocks and I think he drove it ok we started with about 2 to 3 car lengths between us and then 3 to 4 car lengths when I hit my top speed altho I hit everygear bang on for the first time in a very long time.

most imports get a convertor chip fitted so they read properly. set of uk clocks should be able ot pick up on ebay. i remember reading somewhere that this can remove the limiter etc, but would need to make sure its facelift for facelift if you know what i mean ;)

I'm sure I've seen the chips on ebay chaps. Is it something to do with the jap policia having slow cars and them limiting it due to this?

cant remember but its 118mph, similar in australia too. I found this out driving my sisters evo 9 and couldn't get the thing above 180kph (roughly 118mph) that was still being bad though considering australian speed limit is 100kph :sofa: but an evo 9 is good for a lot more than 118mph

That reads like you have a 10.2k rev limit lol do you mean another 2500 revs? Because at the same rpm he'd have 3200, 2000 of which will be the engine screaming like an unchained banshee chewing on your eyeballs.

And disregarding a 140 is pretty narrow minded, particularly as there are so few ways of telling the difference. So much of it comes down to driver. The other night after a meet we went for a drive, a member had a Honda CRV yeah the big 4x4 thing.... He wasn't on our bumpers but we didn't lose him.

The size of the car does not directly reflect the size of the drivers bollocks ;) assumption is the mother of all f*** ups.

That would be Steve then :lol:

cant remember but its 118mph, similar in australia too. I found this out driving my sisters evo 9 and couldn't get the thing above 180kph (roughly 118mph) that was still being bad though considering australian speed limit is 100kph :sofa: but an evo 9 is good for a lot more than 118mph

Pretty sure jap speed limit is officially 112mph (180kph) some may go a little over then drop down again but that is the official number.

Sounds like some 1 has replaced the speedo facia. Never know why people do this as like sed above replacing the clocks for uk ones or fitting a kph - mph converter off eBay is easier. And removes the limiter ;)

That would be Steve then :lol:

I'm not saying yes and I'm not saying no :lol:

But when you look in your rear view after coming off a roundabout and expecting to see headlights like this:

O. .O

And they are actually like this:

.O

O.

You know that unnamed person doesn't want to regret just selling his Celica and will keep up no matter what :lol: I was impressed. Power through the body roll!

Guest MR JDM

My Gen 6.5 GT is not far off a Standard Gen 7 190 / GT etc but mine's not stock itself.

Tbh I suspect a Modified 190 would leave me or dust but the chase is better than the catch ;)

Edited by MR JDM

I'm not saying yes and I'm not saying no :lol:

But when you look in your rear view after coming off a roundabout and expecting to see headlights like this:

O. .O

And they are actually like this:

.O

O.

You know that unnamed person doesn't want to regret just selling his Celica and will keep up no matter what :lol: I was impressed. Power through the body roll!

Hahaha that's a brilliant visual dude. Made me lol :lol:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.