Help needed, hit and run while parked...

Thats not a car bumper damage, more like the back of a truck or even a trailer.

Yeh that's what I thought as damage is high, checked the only white transit down our street this mornin, nothing.....

What gets my goat the most as I have only put my new wheels on 2 days ago...........

Is it just the wing that's knackered then can't see tell really as on my phone.

That's crap matey sorry

It's the rear panel between door and wheel Steve, don't know if it can be replaced/repaired......

It can be repaired. Shouldn't be more than £350. Done properly you wouldn't notice it had a dent. Request it to be pushed out rather than pulled out. Don't like holes drilled n pulled. If you are protected you shouldn't loose any no claim and it shouldn't go up. But might aswell repair it without through insurance. They'll cat. D it aswell.

It can be repaired. Shouldn't be more than £350. Done properly you wouldn't notice it had a dent. Request it to be pushed out rather than pulled out. Don't like holes drilled n pulled. If you are protected you shouldn't loose any no claim and it shouldn't go up. But might aswell repair it without through insurance. They'll cat. D it aswell.

That's good to know, I have no claims protection....what does cat d mean ?

Hate seeing threads like this!! :(

Same but unfortunately were seeing a lot of them :( I'd hate to think of this happening to my car.

Gutted for ya mate.

sorry to here this :( people just dont give a monkey about doing damage to others cars it winds me up big style !!!!!!!! hope you get it sorted quickly mate

Thanks for the comments guys/ gals..... Gonna see what quotes I can get at local places for repair.......

Cat D means the car has been in a minor accident and has had repairs.

Cheers Ben....

Edited by Tony47

If it was me I would take the inside panels off and see if u can push most of the dent out then leavin the inside stripped out should save a bit on the labour for a bodyshop to finish it off. Just an idea I would use a peice of wood and try roll it out might make it less damaged.

Yeah I agree with Red.

Get it stripped out and push it out.

You may also be able to inflate a football behind a support beam to continue the contour. I've done that a few times. Its the ONLY reason I own a football Lmfao.

Bad news that mate,accidents happen but it's infuriating when they do a runner. Have any of your neighbours got CCTV,might be worth asking round to see if they have picked anything up.

The repair may only be 350-500 but don't forget to add your excess costs.

If you are talking about insurance fully comprehensive covered, you pay the excess only. Otherwise it defeats the point. ;)

Edited by Zorg

Yup ... re reading my post I nominate myself for douchebag of the day :D

I meant that he will have to pay his excess.

Not forgetting the premium increase.

Edited by Devious

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.