Snow socks rule!

Serratia

Decided to brave the snow to work today and gave my snow socks a try. They did a bloody good job, I can't believe how well the car went up and down the snow covered hills on way to work and the up the steep driveway to the staff carpark. Of 60 staff, I was one of only 3 who made it into the car park, the other two were 4x4s. I was the first into the car park too so had a little play with the handbrake then took some pics:

IMAG1087.jpg

IMAG1088.jpg

Supercharged celica is the master of snow!

Edited by Serratia

Also, the missus rang me up crying 5 min after setting off at 6.45am to work, saying "my car is making a loud clunking noise". I asked her to pull over and check a few things but she couldn't see anything. I told her to leave it at the side of the road and I would collect it after work.

Got it up on the stands in the garage to find this....

IMAG1094.jpg

...now shouldn't that springy bit be sat on top of that metal collar? LOL Turns out she has cracked a spring, god knows where the other half is. Just ordered a used complete strut from e bay for £33 delivered. Got the old one stripped down but just stuck on the last 15mm lower bolt which holds the strut to the hub. The fucker won't budge and is rounding off. So I've ordered another gas cylinder for my blow torch and the twat is getting super heated this weekend!

Ah so thats snow socks then,never seen them before.so if you got intermittent bits of say tarmac ,would they just tear themselves up or is it a case of as you need them for proper snowy conditions thats kind of immaterial?

That spring was definitely after escaping wasnt it!

Yeah Paul scary stuff as I drove it back up the hill to my house with it banging all the way :( Luckily I can't see any damage to the brake pipe or abs wire, and the drop link came off a piece of piss, unlike the Celica ones LOL

I drove home on the snow socks mostly tarmac now for about a mile and they look fine but I didn't get over 20mph as I can imagine they won't last long doing higher speeds over longer distances.

Edited by Serratia

luckily escape there then mate , so where did you get the snow socks , i found the tsport was useless at reverse parking the car at home the other night I know the rear tyres arent too grippy at the moment too anyway and im gonna change these in the next month or so but it would drive in the space but not reverse .

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.