Cost for fitting parts

lewiso

Hi

I plan on fitting (having fitted) new disks, pads, hoses, springs and drop links (anything i'm missing there?) on a 140 gen 7

I thought i'd check with my nearest garage for a quote, I will be providing my own parts so this is for fitting only

£120 for disks, pads, hoses

£180 for springs and drop links

£118 for a full alignment

Does this seem reasonable, I think it seems a little steep?

118 for full alignment!? As far as I know, most cars will have adjustment for toe and camber. To get my front wheels done on my gt4 was £15 mate! Theres no adjustment on the rear. Even if there is on the G7's, thats rediculous.

See if you can get help from guys on here?

I had my disks and pads all round done for £120 so that sounds okay

I'm just about to book my car in for the lowering springs and drop links fitting and have been offered to get it done for £80 someone else quotes £100 so your overpaying on that - not sure where your based but drop martinking6 or ams a line

4 wheel alignment I've been quoted £75 from demon tweeks

I think Martin might live a little far away i'm in the Newcastle area does anybody know where he is based?

Thanks for the replies though might end up waiting for springs if they are going to cost that much

Edited by lewiso

£120 for disks, pads, hoses - Id do it for around £60

£180 for springs and drop links - Id do it for £110

£118 for a full alignment - Can only do front and rear track, cant do camber - £30 each - be warned the rear toe and cmaber bolts are usually seized completely on the g7 and you will get a ridiculous price to replace them - if this is the case and you do want it sorted then buying a good used subframe will be cheaper and easier - I might have one left that is good but Id need to check to be sure.

Disks and pads easy to do yourself, hoses a little harder maybe but still easy enough to do yourself

Drop links can be a pain and need cutting off most of the time, depends on the tools you have available, shouldnt be more than a couple hours work for a garage

Full alignment your being ripped off, paid £55 for full laser allignment 2 months ago

Thanks for all the replies it's really helpful to know how much I should be paying for this

I really appreciate the offers to help me do it myself hopefully i'll get to chat to you both at the North East meet

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.