How many Celicas?

problem is with that howmanyleft - it groups them together by the model name on the log book - so gen6 STs can be grouped with ta22 STs - so hard to know how many of each actual model are left - am surprised by the number of 190s showing on there though

The 2 million mark was passed in 1981, 3 million in 1986, 4 million in 2001.

Gens 1, 2 & 3 account for three quarters of all Celicas, 4, 5 & 6 make about a quarter, and the 7 is what killed off the Celica name selling just 200,000 worldwide.

The 2 million mark was passed in 1981, 3 million in 1986, 4 million in 2001.

Gens 1, 2 & 3 account for three quarters of all Celicas, 4, 5 & 6 make about a quarter, and the 7 is what killed off the Celica name selling just 200,000 worldwide.

Im amazed at how many the 1st 3 Generations sold, makes the last 4 look like peanuts.... For some reason, I thought it would be in reverse with the most being the last 3 Gen's.. :wacko:

interesting graham, does that include ma4X and MA6X?

Yes it does, but not MA7X on.

Im amazed at how many the 1st 3 Generations sold, makes the last 4 look like peanuts.... For some reason, I thought it would be in reverse with the most being the last 3 Gen's.. :wacko:

Off the top of my head...the 1 was a huge success, the 2 less so, the 3 saw huge sales again, the 4 was a dead duck, the 5 saw a resurgence (on the back of rally success), the 6 petered out and the 7 was an embarrassment that they struggled to give away.

I was working as a Toyota mechanic when the Ta22 was out (Gen1) and people were quite mesmerized by it's curves and sleek looks...compared to what other car manufacturers were putting out it was from another world.

Then they face- lifted it and we all thought it had lost a little... they were trying to crack the american market and hence the longer bonnet and mini Mustang look....which they really did go for with the RA28GT.

When the TA40 came out (Gen2) it had lost it's uniqueness and sportiness and was starting to look more like a saloon than a coupe and for me it's one of the first cars that i remember it's rallying image helping sales as the rally version looked sporty again!

What they were really gaining with was a reputation for reliability........I remember one quarter's figures for warranty rate being 7% when British Leyland's same quarter was 74%.......!!

There one downfall was that the steel was re-cycled and the process was not as good as it is today and panels rusted but they hardly ever broke down! Also the dealers could never get enough yo sell.

It's a shame for me being in at the beginning that the Celica name has been dropped from the line....it's engraved in my very fibre!

Anyone know what the last one's frame/chassis number was? I bought mine in Jan 08 on a 56 plate with 75 miles on it from Mr T in Peterborough. I'd give the frame number but that might not be a good idea with the risk of someone cloning it

Yes it does, but not MA7X on.

makes sense once supras used no celica bits in the 70 series. nice one

What on earth is a 'Yaris Free Tonic'?!

its the feeling i get running through me every time i get into my track car :lol:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.