side skirts

When I did mine I had to add a self tapper on the rear wheel arch, otherwise would have just been adhesive, no appropriate screw there! Front was ok. Don't need them underneath mind...

to refit i would try tiger seal the whole skirts. then use small srews where holes are to keep in place untill tiger seal has harden, then take out srews fill up holes, sand then paint,like digs says you might need to keep one on the rear wheel arch ( i do ), the finsh will be a lot nicer mate

I no when I bought the car it was the first thing I noticed that and the rust patch on osf wing but car only cost 300 quid with 6 month tax and mot so wasnt to fussed thought fixer upper mechanically it is spot on just cosmetically run down but being an import to its got all the gadgets I wanted on my last one like folding mirror's climate air con and so on.

And according to wickie he says that they are geniune trd skirts. Shame someone bodged them on.

Edited by redtoycelica

So there should be holes under the skirt is there anything else I need to get in order to re fit correctly and look good gonna get front and rear spats to match. And it currently catches the door aswell.

Anything like mine and there is no holes underneath, mine is ss1 though so did not get sideskirts as standard which may make a difference.

Put mine in with screw as mentioned , holes on front already there and one hole underneath at back i believe, and then double sided grip tape along side, still on after 6 months pretty solid :)

all you need to fit TRD skirts is normal mudflap screws and brackets at front and rear. some people think they need more

e.g. mine has 2 screws in the door sills :( which have tape over them just now as i pulled the wood screws out but will need a spot welded in to make good :(

the self tapers in the upper part behind the door serve no purpose at all unless they are badly made fibreglass skirts you have

Absolute sinner for using screws, I would remove the skirts and get the holes rust treated and filled then refit skirts without the ghastly self tappers.

I even dislike when people fit a self tapper at the rear of fibre glass skirts, it's in the wheel arch for gods sake, there is gonna be water and crap flying around.

I know just another thing to do well at least it runs well and yea im gonna take the holes off treat any rust there quick spot weld the holes flatten and paint then refurb the skirts as I reckon he ripped them off at sone point and just thought a screw here another scree here I counted a total of six screws 2 straight in the side and another 4 under the door were the kick plate is going straight into the top of the sill.

Also is there spos to be a bit of rubber that runs alo g the top of the skirt to finish it off or is it spos to just fit flush as is.

Edited by redtoycelica

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.