Winter tyre swap cost surprise

Mr Rizla

Given the cold weather predicted I decided time was right to swap over to my winter tyres, having never done this before I have phoned around local to me being quoted on average 20 quid a tyre, and that's if they will do the job, 1 turned me down as not new tyres.So I thought for a laf id phone Kwik-fit expecting a silly price to be quoted and was told about 54 quid all in, and open all day..will let you know if the price goes up :)

Given the cold weather predicted I decided time was right to swap over to my winter tyres, having never done this before I have phoned around local to me being quoted on average 20 quid a tyre, and that's if they will do the job, 1 turned me down as not new tyres.So I thought for a laf id phone Kwik-fit expecting a silly price to be quoted and was told about 54 quid all in, and open all day..will let you know if the price goes up :)

That's bloody cheap for new?

Am I missing a trick here?

What spec tyres are these?

Brand?

Was reading Honest John in the papers and he was saying Mini offering their customers £350 for set of winter tyres was cheap?!!! :o

Plus £35-£50 annual storage was a bargain? :o

How much? To swap a tyre? I order my new tyres online and have them fitted for £5 a wheel. Got talking with the guys there and they now beat the online price for my Avon ZZ3's so I order everything from there now.

Honestly, some places over charge big time :xmas_sad:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.