joeeeee

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Slow and low for me :)

Its all about the stance - Not enough stance going on around here, im loving the few members that are gradually going down the stance route :D

Agreed, both are little boys cars.

That comment is unfair..........each to their own and all that. Its all about what you like as an indivual.

Why not just say - Agreed, I dislike both.

It would be a boring place if we all like the exact same style :)

Personally i would suggest that the OP get a ride in a stanced car

If you have never driven/been driven in a stanced car you really can't comment as it really is an acquired taste to say the least

And i don't just mean a drive around a super smooth shopping centre car park at a meet, i mean a proper drive on public roads with speed bumps

Even fitting coilovers can ruin a car on a daily basis, i wish i had never fitted mine as that was one of the many reasons i finally lost all the love for it, don't get me wrong it was great on a spirited drive on nice smooth roads, but was a total chore on the drive to work, and i wasn't even running it dick head low either :lol:

Edited by rpsmith79

Keep it usable would be my choice. The second pic I don't think looks right as the wheel is too far up in the arch, looks a bit lost.

I drove the cav with some GSi wheels on for a few months - it spent most of that with its exhaust carving a path down the road!

I would say that the term 'stance' is a sliding scale - springs and spacers, to coilovers and then airbags/whatever. I reckon top pic / coilovers. Lose the 4x4 look but don't lose the handling

Not round these parts :lol: , stanced is all about going as low as physically possible in my book

I got to our local Lowdown meet to photo the cars there, and i would say they are pretty much all what i would class as stanced

Stanced like a mother trucker ;)

P7162898_899_900_tonemapped.jpg

P7162904_5_6_tonemapped.jpg

Im my opinion, both can look good, as in manageable low and super hellaflush stance low. But sometimes just low still doesn't look quite right if the rest of style doesn't match.

I guess it all depends on how much of a 'smooth ride' you are preparred to lose - Some people simple don't care about comfort and they are all about the style, others are all about keeping the car standard and comfortable :) Again each to their own :) Its nice to have that variety :)

Proper hellaflush stance is a lot more than simply slamming the car and yes its much easier to live with in other countries like the USA with their super flat roads (jealous much) but still I like to see people over here going all out hellflush B)

Lows and camber :wub: Im not such a huge fan on super streched tires though.

Yeah, i mean i'm a huge fan of a firm sporty ride, but everyone has their limit and i never imagined coilovers would make the ride as bad as it did over uneven British roads

Yeah coilovers are a lot more 'harsh' than people expect - Tolerance and patience is the key for the hardcore stance goers :lol: Personally I love the look and would love to go full on hellaflush but the speedbumps in York are what would make it impossible. My plans for next year are to go lower through and certainly get some stance going on :D

Mine's decked I'd say albeit I'm on 18's (any smaller wheels I'd scrape anything I drive over

I've recently spaced the wheels out and I can't physically go on a road withany kind of camber now becuase I'd scrape the arches although I could just get them rolled.

I'm going to try going towards the stanced spoilerless look on my 6 because I like the way it looks f**k practicality it's all about the attention :D

why are we discussing stance on here???????

do we drive golfs? No!

if we do start down this route I may as well make my bonnet look rusty and get some banded space savers with stretched tyres and an old wooded roof rack and make my celica look as rediculous as these VAG idiots

I couldn't honestly tell you mate. When I got the car it was on 205-40-16's and with the spats on etc it would hit every single speed bump around so instead of going 17's I went 18's with 215-35-18's on then changed wheels again. I'm now on 225-40-18's which are big enough to be comfy yet still fill the arches as I don't think 17's do the 6 justice although 18's on a 7 look too big IMO

I still rub the arch liners etc on lock and that's with spacers. I'll be going lower when I can afford coiliesetc but for the minute she still looks very low which suits me lol

do we drive golfs? No!

if we do start down this route I may as well make my bonnet look rusty and get some banded space savers with stretched tyres and an old wooded roof rack and make my celica look as rediculous as these VAG idiots

do we drive golfs? No!

do we drive golfs? No!

Don't forget to leave your bonnet half open as well.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.