Surprised police with HIDs

Only a quick near pointless story, but hey im bored.

Got stopped by some police officers who were waiting next to a car crash, said 'One of your headlights is out, just get it sorted mate'...

(Firstly thank god they didn't know the Celica isnt HID as standard...)

So i turned the lights on and off again (this sometimes resets the bulb for some reason). Then asked the police officer if it had reset and come back on, sure enough it had. The other guy had seen nothing like it -'Wi aye thats a good system that like!'

Good old HIDs :D

Ahh HIDs, the stupid bulbs everyone should get rid of, I cant stand them, someone driving in the other lane and they blind ya

Just stick some regulars on it :thumbs:

I used to hate this too, but cant beat them, blind the bastards back lol.

They are also great at zapping the people who like using full beams or powerful bulbs in 4x4's *cough* OOPS! *Slips and adjusts the projectors to maximum up pew pew lazerz mode by complete accident*

Edited by RoryK

check your connections and lube em up with a bit o'vaseline :)

edit:

...err... lube the connections, not the Police.

they don't appreciate that.

2nd edit:

when they're on duty, anyway.

Ha quality quip sir LOL

Ahh HIDs, the stupid bulbs everyone should get rid of, I cant stand them, someone driving in the other lane and they blind ya

Just stick some regulars on it :thumbs:

Just give in and buy a set, you will change your opinion on them. They blind no-one if you have projector headlights and they correctly aligned. Standard bulbs incorrectly aligned will blind on coming traffic just the same as xenon headlights.

Sorry, I can't stand people moaning about them lol

I've had HID's on most of my cars and I love them to bits.

I've got to buy some for the 6 as they're like candles at times. I'll get projectors eventually and until then as long as I can see properly I'll keep them just don't drive towards me haha

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.