Led replacement bulbs.

the ones in halfords tend to be the little ones that give off practically no light - on amazon or ebay you'll find "tree" type ones in different lengths with different amounts of LED's on them - should be able to get ones that'll fit your needs perfectly of you rummage about on there. Some of the more comprehensive sellers actually give the dimensions of the units they are selling so you'll know whether they'll fit or not.

I work in Halfords and to be frank, like keef-b said, the led ones that we stock aren't very good.

SMD LED 501's with built in resistors tend to be of the brightest best quality, but are slightly more expensive.

The resistor is required for more modern CANBUS car computers, since regular led's don't provide resistance and the system thinks a bulb is out and tent to flicker and bring up errors.

But in my experience the SMD 501's tend to be brighter!

This kinda thing!

Hope that helps

Sweet thanks for the heads up got those SMds on order now just have to wait.

Please post some pics when they are fitted would be interested to see what they look like.

I have tried loads of these led bulbs and found that some by PIAA was easily the brightest..expensive though!

Am i the only one that failed an MOT for them being too white?

Had these super duper white side light bulbs back in the day on my 206- failed because it wasn't meant to be on the car as my dipped were yellowly (as they normally are)

Thought it was all BS- so on that basis i change them over every year- 1 minute job saves 10 minutes of talk.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.