Thinking its time to move on :( pics added

paulgtt

Wasn't 100% sure where to put this so il stick it here (mods feel free to move if need be!)

After some hard thought Iv decided to move on from the GT4 :o

So whats it worth, Iv got a price that I think but was wondering what others thought and if anyone would be interested in it.

1995 ST205 Jap import, 98k miles.

Tax till April 2013 and MOT till November 2012.

il start with the bad bits:

has some stone chips and slight laquer peel on roof.

passenger side door has the dreaded rust along the bottom, (I have a new door shell to go on and will try and get round to doing it before sale if not it'll go with the car)

exhaust sometimes rattles on subframe (fairly common on GT4's)

brakes sometimes squeel if not upto temperature (tried greasing and moving the clips etc but Iv put it down to them being yellowstuff pads, once warm there fine)

slight tear in driverseat bolster

Now the good stuff:

Fig 8's and lower arms changed around 15k miles ago

Clutch changed about 10k ago

Timing belt done in May

Modifications:

Blueflame 2.75" catback exhaust (mid silencer removed)

SRB 2.75" downpipe

Mr. Barry straight intake with Green filter

Evo 6 FMIC with custom pipework (clocked turbo)

MBC set to 1 bar boost

Blitz access ecu

HKS SSQV

Various silicon hoses

Helix organic clutch

KYB Excel G shocks

TRD Springs

TRD Topmounts

Yellowstuff pads

Enkei RP01 16's (Proxie T1R's 225/50 around 5mm tread remaining)

WRC raiser blocks

Late spec rear lights

Clear side repeaters

Momo steering wheel

HKS boost gauge

It is a quick car, a few club memebers have been out in it and hopefully they'll testify to this!! Dyno chart of 311bhp and have ran a flat 13 second 1/4 mile

Think thats about it off top of my head, I have masses of paperwork/receipts for the car including all old MOTS etc.

The car is used only at weekends and is serviced regular, anything that needs replacing has been.

I am going to be removing the Blitz ecu however buyer we'll get first dibs on it if wanted aswell as a set of stock alloys that are used on track, tyres fairly decent.

Also have standard cat, original rear plate surround etc and a new bottle of gear oil that will go with the car.

Pics will follow shortly as I want to take some up to date ones.

So whats peoples thoughts and is anyone interested? Viewings are more than welcome!

Edited by paulgtt

I'd say given the current market it's probably worth around £2750-3250, I know in reality it's probably worth closer to £4000 but but performance cars are just not holding value at all anymore :(

What you looking at changing it to?

I'd say given the current market it's probably worth around £2750-3250, I know in reality it's probably worth closer to £4000 but but performance cars are just not holding value at all anymore :(

What you looking at changing it to?

I would have to agree, the GT4 is in a bad place at the moment, their cheapness has encouraged young boy racers to buy them who dont look after them, run them into the ground and flog them on cheap, combine that with the current bad second hand car market and they are no where near their true value.

I'd say definitely over £3000, if you can get the stone chips and stuff properly touched up stick it up £4000 ono. As Insanity has said, theres a lot of cheap run down GT4s for sale right now, quite a few going for less than 2k. I think that a well looked after example, only driven on weekends, tastefully modified, owners club car etc etc would be far more sought after.

I think there is definitely a market for cars like yours esp for people looking for a gt4 and know there stuff will be able to tell its not in the same league of those 2k POS GT4's. I wouldn't want to see it go for less than £3500 even then I would de-mod it as much as possible.

Noooooo not another one!!!

Gutted you feel this mate, was lucky enough to both be a passenger and allowed to scrutinise this car, its a beast, just look at his siggy.....

would hope someone will buy this complete, and if they do, they have stolen it by the way!!

and before you say it, I would if I could. love this car......

If your going to try and get top price for it removing stuff that makes it what it is will not the way. If you mod a car your going to take a hit. Alas thats just how it goes.

For me I'd have to sell the car as it was and as people know it if you want them to testify how good it is. Its does not seem fair to me that you say how good a car in, then remove bits from it, with no proof of how it will be after.

People can testify to how the car is in it's current form, but not when bits have been removed.

If your going to try and get top price for it removing stuff that makes it what it is will not the way. If you mod a car your going to take a hit. Alas thats just how it goes.

For me I'd have to sell the car as it was and as people know it if you want them to testify how good it is. Its does not seem fair to me that you say how good a car in, then remove bits from it, with no proof of how it will be after.

People can testify to how the car is in it's current form, but not when bits have been removed.

agree totally bud, but as we have seen so many times, the only way to recoup some of your 'love' for want of a better expression, is to strip the parts back to standard. or worse break a car that has been built for a reason. Everyone wants something for nothing these days.....

chavs/ neds want Hondas and Nissans. Celicas are unsung heroes, as such the money aint there unless you are lucky!

I agree Mojo.

But you need to be honest on the club site and state what the car will be like when you sell it, not say how good it was before you took bits off.

I don't think for a minute Paul will be dishonest, if you read it he has told you more than most sellers would its an honest thread. Not trying to dis you bud, just a general statement to Celicas.

Hopefully however he will change his mind and keep her!!

I assume the blitz ecu has been mapped to get the best out of the car.

I would hate for the car to suffer due to a stock ecu or what ever un mapped ecu was used. Hardly fair.

It would be like me selling the GTO without its emanage fuel controller and blitz boost controller. It'll run until it goes bang.

Like i said. Be fair to the car.

Cheers for all the comments guys.

The Blitz ecu is a plug and play that "adapts" to the car, I would rather see the car go as it stands, only reason I mentioned in removing the ecu is because a couple of people have expressed their interest in it long before I decided to possibly sell the car. If the ecu were to be removed then the car would be put back onto the rollers to double check everything is up to scratch before anybody buys the car.

Also would like to mention that the figure of 311 was achieved before the downpipe and FMIC were fitted so I estimate around 320+ as it stands and still over 300 without the Blitz ecu.

And you lot won't get rid of me that easily either! This is the best club I ever had the pleasure of being a member of and rest assured that il still be an active member.

Il hopefully be putting up pics today too :)

:thumbs:

Things like getting the car checked out on rollers and providing an up to date sheet with the car to give the buyers confidence not only in the car, but also in the person they are buying it from!

You never know when you do all that you might even decide to keep it :twisted:

Good luck with what ever you decide to do though, the grass is not always greener though :)

What car were you thinking of going too anyway?

thanks mate, it was a valid question you raised and I should have mentioned my intentions if swapping the ecu over :)

I probably will regret selling it but if you don't try new things then its a lot of what if's?!

Iv seen a really nice Evo6 and thats what im after next

I've always be frightened off the Evo's I have to be honest!

I was looking at one when I wanted a change from the Skyline but at the time there were a few guys killed in them up in the north east here and another few around the country.

When all the dust settled it turned out on most of the crashes it was the driver going too hard into a situation and the stability control, ledgendary on the Evo's, couldn't cope and the car went into an unrecoverable spin. Once the car let go there was no way to get it back.

Reading that I though NO TA! I like to feel when the car starts to loose it due to my lack of skill or driving beyond the cars capabilities, not have the car correct that without me knowing.

You need a little scare every now and again to keep your feet on the ground.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.