Car covers

Hey dudes,

Recently moved my car off the street to a dedicated space at once of my neighbours due to the damage my car has been receiving over te last 6 months.

Problem now is its under a tree and gets splattered with bird crap!

Does anyone use car covers for a daily driven car? Meaning it'd only be covered overnight.

Alternatively, what's a good quick detailer to use to get rid of bird crap?

Thanks guys.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Problem with car covers is the car has to be dry before you put them on, Unless you use a breatherble one. Once bird poop gets on a car the acid burns the paint, have to wipe and clean as it happens.

I have a chain saw if you want................. or i could come and take the tree down one day when nobody is about.

As much as I'd like to take the tree down, it actually leans over from inside this guys garden lol.

A bird of bird poop everyday is better than getting keyed or eggs thrown at my car :)

As much as I'd like to take the tree down, it actually leans over from inside this guys garden lol.

A bird of bird poop everyday is better than getting keyed or eggs thrown at my car :)

I had the same problem with a neighbour once, her tree trunk was in her garden, but the top 2/3 of the tree was in mine - every year it sheds bags of red berries - guess who does the clear-up?

The law states u can loped off the bit that over-hangs - so, 'Shocks' get in there with your new toy :lol::thumbs:

In the end, I got the council involved and they gave me legal backing if the neighbour disputes it :thumbs:

Right after looking at my car today I'm gonna invest in one of those covers that shaungtr has ordered.

I've got bird crap, tons of gay petals littered all over my motor and because it rained I've got weird watery residue / marks all over my car. Disgusting. I'd have to wash it everyday lol

I've solved one problem (vandalism) but side-stepped into another (general everyday dirtyness)

I've got the same issues with my new flat... dedicated off-road parking right infront of my front door/under bedroom window... but under a tree :(

tree sap, petals and bird poop :(

I'm up for getting a decent cover, just need to know what size for the best fit.

probably have to go for the large...

Medium Car - Fits cars from 400cm - 430cm (13-14') in length e.g Ford Focus, Vauxhall Astra, Honda Civic, Volkswagen Golf, Mazda 3, Honda S2000, Audi TT.

Large Car - Fits cars from 430cm - 480cm (14'-16') in length e.g Honda Accord Tourer, Volkswagen Passat, Vauxhall Vectra, Audi A4, Toyota Avensis, Toyota RAV4.

Wheelbase 102.4 in (2,600 mm)

Length 170.5 in (4,330 mm)

Width 68.3 in (1,730 mm)

Height 51.4 in (1,310 mm)

Edited by InsolentMinx

I never worry about other people's reviews on Amazon. One guy said he never received it (so rated it down instead of getting in touch with the seller...) and the other chap has a huge 4x4 and probably got a size too small lol (he mentions there's "not enough cord" and "barely fits" etc).

Let's wait for Shauns review and go from there.

No pressure Shaun ;)

there's a few who talk about them being very thin and easily ripped...

:wacko:

can't really find any other reviews, but I'm not always a fan of reviews on amazon. there's just not that many reviews online about them.

Edited by InsolentMinx

what size did you go for?

I whent for the medium size as thats what they stated would be a good fit :D Didn't want it flaping around and cause scuf marks on the paint over time

Not recived it yet only oedered just befor the good friday bank holiday should be hear soon and will let you no what it's like unless you have ordered

Edited by shaungtr

there's always similar threads running at the same time :lol:

people ask the same questions at least a couple times a week :P (no offense to Adam).

But this is regarding a Gen 7, as that one is rgd a convertible... so not exactly the same...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.