Friction Pad separated from steel backing plate

GreyRacer

My son got a bit of a fright today. He was taking my Celica out when he felt something wrong.

Both the outside rear friction pads of the Green Stuffs separated from the steel back plate and falling out onto the road. The inside ones are still attached. Anyone come across this phenomenon before?

kin ell , back in the day this could happen but ive not heard anything like this for years , id be sending those back from where they came from for sure just in case there a bad batch

im with izzy on this David , i would contact ebc online and explain , shouldnt happen , mine had just broken in two , friction material that is , and half had fallen away but like i said i had had problems with a sticking caliper , that disc was blue

There was a story about this problem floating around last year, everyone thought it was a bit of scaremongering but it was indeed a dodgey batch of pads. Is there a possibility that you have a set of those pads, when were they purchased?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.