Lights..........

Benny190

The headlights on my car are extremely poor. they look bright to look at but they hardly light any of the road up, i'v adjusted the hight which makes next to no difference, changed the bulbs (pain in the arse that was) and they are still really bad.

Is this a typical thing with the Gen7's?

As for HIDs i was going to go that route but i'm not going to bother because they will soon fail MOT's and i can't be arsed getting pulled over for them.

Does anyone have an recommendations of some decent bright/white normal headlight bulbs?

Never had problems with mine. Even my standard bulbs before I got hids were fine. Now I have 6000k hids which are 1 step above legal so they're more blue :lol: and never been pulled for them and they're great.

I also have black headlights and the insides painted black and again no problems and no problems from the police either :)

Whys did you change from HIDs?

did you not read what i wrote? :lol::P

"I'd been doing quite a bit of nightdriving and had noticed that although bright, the 6000K HIDs didn't quite light up the road infront of me as much as I liked. Plus the massive 'UFO' dots really annyoed me when I saw them against the back of cars infront at traffic lights

With the new MOT regs coming up, and my MOT due soon, I decided to swap over to the Osram Nightbreakers."

is the aim, where you want?

mot people keep adjusting mine, so anyone i run over will be able to see light, cause i cant.

so i adjust them to shine on the road, after the mot :)

i use PIAA extreme whites, but the phillips extreme range were very similar +half the price

Edited by infernalzen

did you not read what i wrote? :lol::P

"I'd been doing quite a bit of nightdriving and had noticed that although bright, the 6000K HIDs didn't quite light up the road infront of me as much as I liked. Plus the massive 'UFO' dots really annyoed me when I saw them against the back of cars infront at traffic lights

With the new MOT regs coming up, and my MOT due soon, I decided to swap over to the Osram Nightbreakers."

Haha yeah i did read it, i clicked the link looked at the pictures then commented. probably should have read it first :blink:

• 9 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.