What came in the Post Today?

c.a.r.

One pair of used front Avensis brake callipers arrived here today from a breakers yard in Cardiff, and wow i got my hands dirty! :o

They are big dirty Bosch type with the 295 on the carrier ends...

Managed to separated the carrier parts, remove the sliders and clips. Carriers now reading for shot-blasting clean.

The used callipers are ready for exchange for Pagid replacements.

Thinking of buying a Bremtech slider pin kit...

This maybe a worrywart question but do the slider holes in the carrier need to be plugged up while getting shot-blasted, or is it harmless and better to leave open?

I expect the bloke in the refurb shop will know anyway, but i like to check :rolleyes:

Debs

is the s5 much better than the s4 bud ? , as i need to upgrade from a s4 soon

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/reviews/mobile-phone/3503692/samsung-galaxy-s5-review-smartphone-uk/

Being a technophobe I just got a Sony compact because of the 21MP camera on it and son has the non compact version so he can show me how to work the ****ing thing! :lol:

Compared to the camera on the Samsung S2 it replaced it is on another planet for overall sharpness and colour rendition. It is a pain that you only get the full 21mp on manual and 8mp in auto. All the recent pics on here are in auto and then further reduced by 50% to bring the file size far enough to post direct.

This one for example is shrunk from £MB to 1.6 to let it post and then something in the blasted software that no one has ever explains wallops it down to 210kb. Whats all that about???

post-40822-0-57945000-1429717631_thumb.jpg

Edited by daytona

is the s5 much better than the s4 bud ? , as i need to upgrade from a s4 soon

Couldn't tell you lol. I got the a5.. apparently it's the one between the s5 and s6

Seems good so far. Better than my s3 mini lol

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

.Click on this one reduced from 5gb to 1.8 to post, end up with 130 kb so you can guess the original was quite good, hand held in low fluorescent light, no flash.

post-40822-0-74140800-1429718891_thumb.jpg

Edited by daytona
  • Like 1

pic whore lol

yeah i do like the samsung s4 , its been a great phone just not sure if the s5 is that much ahead or whether i should look into a xperia maybe hmm

PM me an email address and I will send you full size files to view on your computer. Ok the processer size is piddly compared to a dslr and it hasn't the amazing zoom capacity of our Fuji's but it is just so damn convenient!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.