Can't part with the celica

jontyd

as always i've been keeping my eyes open as to what other cars are on the market. i would love a GT4 either gen 5 or 6. now i found a classic shape impreza quite close to me. i've wanted one of these for years. i've even been given the go ahead from the other half. but i just can't bare to sell the gen 6 gt now. something in the back of my head is saying get it and use it as a weekend car.

what do you guys reckon?

okay

buy the taxi , drive it a while with a firm time frame set up in that 1 has to go , give it say 6 weeks and then sit back and decide , after this time you will be able to fairly compare living with either , i expect after the first 2 weeks of having a little more power and once you fee the difference between the 2 the scooby wont be so sweet an idea

scooby classics are epic fun , real life forza 4 , but are like 1980's nissan bluebirds in side , and due to the chav aspect its very hard to find a good un , and even if you do , the repair bills are stupid , watch wheeler dealers ed china do a clutch change on a bug eye , such a bitch of a job due to the boxer configuration

not saying dont , as the fun aspect can sometimes outway the hassle , but just be very careful , plenty out there , if somethings not right walk away

dont listen to people say the impreza is crap, its a monster, I have driven loads and are mental cars

use tons of fuel though but are great fun and practical, I have had 3 subarus over the years including a very rare JDM legacy GT :)

dont care what anyone says if i could afford fuel i would still have one

The Wheeler Dealers Scooby was up for sale on Ebay not that long after the show. It was for less than what they sold it for, what went wrong there ?

you know i think the sale price is always agreed for the tele, some of the cars they have sold are never worth the money he gets, but it would be bad tv to make a loss on everything they touch ;)

you know i think the sale price is always agreed for the tele, some of the cars they have sold are never worth the money he gets, but it would be bad tv to make a loss on everything they touch ;)

Especially the one where 'my mate Ed' sprays the car with rattle cans very very badly. Think it was a capri. Shocker.

Can't stand him really, like Mike Brewer. He did a series called 'Wrecks to Riches' which was pretty good

The scooby is a great car I had 2004 sti and it was great fun to drive the only let down is the fuel spent for each journey in basic terms you need a decent wage to afford one then there's insurance fOr them. As its already been said you need to make the choice. Great fun and very solid car but if economy is what your looking for stick with ur current car

The scooby is a great car I had 2004 sti and it was great fun to drive the only let down is the fuel spent for each journey in basic terms you need a decent wage to afford one then there's insurance fOr them. As its already been said you need to make the choice. Great fun and very solid car but if economy is what your looking for stick with ur current car

my 1993 legacy 2.0 turbo returned 16mpg if i drove like a grandmother.........i never counted when i booted it, but my local filling station had me on first name terms weekly comute to work and back of aprox 5 miles a day was costing nearly £35 a week when petrol was 98p

I think this dilema is a good test of how commited you are to Celicas. :D

Obviously there are quite a few people on here that have had many celicas and keep coming back for more. Im one of them, its hard to describe why, when there's so many other nice cars out there for the same money, Im currently thinking "I could swap this for an Jag or an IS200 or a Supra or a good diesel" but I cant do it.

So if you get the Impreza and after a few weeks you absolutely love it, and dont miss the Celica then there's your answer.

But if you find that the Imprezza lacks that special something the Celica had then you know you're one of the mad cru and you wont be able to part with it.

Edited by mrsoundcraft

I'm far too biased to be objective! I got my first Celica in 1975 and it got a hold of me......so much so that I had to find another one from that era to have fun in!

Sorry for the totally useless post! ( :)

same, my 82 gen3 coupe was the first 100 % car i ever owned, had it for 12yrs, my gen 5 was the same, my gen 6 is 15 years old, it would take a lot to prise it away from me i just love driving it, iam just glad i did not trade it in when i bought my gen 7 (if only the brakes matched the 6 i might feel the same about it ! )

Never owned a Scooby but have been lucky enough to drive a Prodive. Was I impressed?....absolfcukinglutely.

Would I own one....Not in this or the next lifetime. Dog of a car to live with daily.

The power corrupted me completely but everything else I hated.

I hated the turbo lag, the BOV, the exhaust noise, the suspension as there was none, the tacky cheap interior, the clutch, and it's inability to drive in a straight line on a flat road without fighting the wheel.

I wanted me to be a hooligan.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.