who carrys there spare

just out of intrest how many people on here carry there spare wheel,just thinking of loseing some weight on the car as ive got a massive steel rim in the boot with tyre,weights a ton if im honest,is it still the law to carry a spare?

no not the law and as far as i know never has been. i do carry mine though. but its a space saver. have never even tried it so dont no if it fits. look way to small and would not be surprised if it didnt fit to be honest. but its there and makes me feel better knowing its there if i need it.

most modern cars now do not come with a spare at all. some come with tyre weld and some with nothing at all. some with space savers and some with full wheels.

I fitted a space saver to fill the hole in the boot but for nearly 2 years i have run without, I run runflats though and carry some tyre weld

in fact as we speak my front right has had a puncture for nearly 14 months, granted the car doesn't move much and probably done about 500 miles since then but if i go to check my preasures its always at 8psi and looks only slightly flat (I will not take the car on the motorway untill i replace the tryre

they will still charge you as your call out could have been prevented had you left your spare in the boot

Lol I'd refuse to pay :laugh2:

I got a puncture on motorbike and wasn't charged :)

I pay for them to come out when I want do they can't charge me for something I already pay for?

Edited by oMIKEYo

its also illegal to drive on a motorway with the knowledge that you could break down, not carrying your spare when you dont have runflats etc could been seen as this and not only might the AA refuse to move you but the traffic cops might bend your ear (not trying to post like ratboy and scare people but this could happen)

get some runflats and bin your spare, best way forward most runflats are now only about £15 more per tyre

Lol I'd refuse to pay :laugh2:

I got a puncture on motorbike and wasn't charged :)

I pay for them to come out when I want do they can't charge me for something I already pay for?

Another classic quote, nearly as good as your "spare wheel without a tyre" quote mate. :laugh2:

It's not illegal to not have a spare lol. I'd just say my cars never had one although it was a size smaller than my current wheels anyway lol.

Im interested now, Gunna ring em tomorrow :P

Another classic quote, nearly as good as your "spare wheel without a tyre" quote mate. :laugh2:

:hysterical: loool

Edited by oMIKEYo

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.