cotton or foam filters........

pestey

Well I'm sure we have all thought about it when we have delved into the world of replacing our air intake filters, have we not?

Now for me, I'm not going down the line of induction kits as I cant really be arsed (per-say) but am just going to replace the original filter with either a K&N, Blitz Cotton panel filter or a Pipercross Foam filter.

but the big question in my head is........

What's the bloody difference apart from the material used.

eg: is there any beneficial things between the two materials, more airflow,more sound, filters more????

ok I know it's a question that can truly be expanded to great depths and I'm sorry if that happens laugh.gif, but hey ho, all's good for great topic discussion wink.gif

once I've decided what one to go for, I'm going to add a serious twist to the intake system, one that I have not seen done before on a Gen7.

and yes there will be a thread and pictures for that to cool.gif

now, shall we discuss...........

If it helps I put the Blitz direct replacement panel filter from Fensport into my Gen 6 the other month. Very happy with the result, definitely more airflow coming through the interior vents which must mean more air going to the engine as well. Does seem to run just a fraction cooler on the temp gauge now as well :)

cheers BK, was seriously thinking Blitz over the others tbh, think it's the whole Jap thing tbh lol.

Minx, great link there wink.gif , that also has answered a question on the exhaust for me, ok it's a question that I would have asked a few months down the line, but now I don't have tolaugh.gif

If it helps I put the Blitz direct replacement panel filter from Fensport into my Gen 6 the other month. Very happy with the result, definitely more airflow coming through the interior vents which must mean more air going to the engine as well. Does seem to run just a fraction cooler on the temp gauge now as well :)

You've lost me there.

4ad90b08_Not-sure-if-serious2.jpeg

Regardless, I fitted a K&N panel at the last service, seems to have made zero difference, but it's a nice clean one for peace of mind anyway! Little point spending much more on a similar foam element in my opinion.

Induction cones will get you heatsoak and will reduce fuel consumption, no matter what anybody wants to claim - don't listen.

Annoyingly I opened the airbox up last month to put my new K&N in and found a TRD Panel :lol:

Errrm ok I get the impression I may have said something really naïve here!!! :blush: You know when you set the heater controls to cold and allow outside air to flow in with NO fan on, doesn’t that air also come through the air filter box as well??? :unsure:

You've lost me there.

:lol:

Errrm ok I get the impression I may have said something really naïve here!!! :blush: You know when you set the heater controls to cold and allow outside air to flow in with NO fan on, doesn’t that air also come through the air filter box as well??? :unsure:

:laugh2:

the panel filter in the engine bay only regulates the air into the engine :)

not into the rest of the car :D

Arrrr OK, sorry, I’ll just crawl back under my rock now then and keep quiet! LOL :tumbleweed:

Still, wonder why after changing the filter then there was a definite increase in air coming into the car!?! And before you say wind direction :glare: it’s been noticeably more ever since???

the panel filter in the engine bay only regulates the air into the engine :)

not into the rest of the car :D

As a thought, presumably there is some sort of filter somewhere for the interior air/heater system? Anyone care to point me in the direction of it or even better tell me exactly how to get to it to check it?

Sorry Pestey, feel like I’m stealing your thread slightly here :blush:

Sorry Black Knight I feel we have had a cheap laugh at your expense :laugh2:

As previously mentions the Panel fiter only fiilters the air that is destined for the engine.

Presty, dont forget if you vent/duct air in from front bumper you'll need to keep out of floodwater.

Sorry Black Knight I feel we have had a cheap laugh at your expense :laugh2:

Hey no worries dude, all good fun :D My own fault really for being so ignorant to something so basic!!! Still I guess we cant all be master mechanics ;)

Oh and a search on the Gen 6 forum has revealed that there is NO interior air filter on a 6! Seems strange, but at least it saves me now going hunting for it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.