Service charge

fabiano

Took my Gen 5 Celica in for a service yesterday after about an hour the garage called me and told me my main rad was kaput i did have some inclination something was wrong with it however this is what the did and the charge for it all... was wondering if it sounds a fair price as im not used to footing garage bills:

change oil and filter

new air filter

new spark plugs

new syntheitc engine oil

new petrol filter

screen wash

new wipers

New anti freeze

checked all brakes and levels through the car

and turned the back wheels around as someone had put them on wrongly(tyres was wrong rotation)

replaced main radiator with new one

total bill was £347..seems a fair price but what do members think?

Edited by fabiano

See, this is why I want to learn to do everything myself. On a car thats as old as ours (gen 6 and earlier) I simply don't think it's worth the effort of keeping the book stamped up for future sales. The cost vs payback just isn't at all balanced. Still £347 doesn't seem massively steep for that if you don't feel condifent doing it yourself.

As above, most of those jobs are straightforward - impressed they changed the fuel filter, though. It can be a bit of a pig.

From a garage, and with new rad, filters, oil & coolant I reckon you did OK with that price.

Just have a look and see if it looks like the various filters are actually new ... ;)

thanks for all your replies yes from what i can see they are all new..i would have done a lot of that myself years ago but i do suffer with bad arthritas in my hand joints and that stops me from gripping things i cannot even make a fist with my right hand most days so i have to rely on garages for things.

thanks for the offer Cruising but im Lichfield miles from you

... "Cruising" is an indication of the number of posts he's made on the forum. Look a wee bit further up for the username - in this case, "IMS". ;):)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.