Lexus is200

dazzy

Im thinking of selling my celica and getting a lexus is200, I was wondering if anyone on here has had one or has any knowledge on them, pros/cons etc

also would I be better off trading my car against one or selling private or stripping?

My celica spec.

all new/replaced parts are less that a year old!!

genuine SSIII rear high spoiler

brand new FULL superstrut replacement, less than 2k miles on them

newly refurbed gen 7 alloys in white whith brand new falken tyres

full hks shp cat back exhaust,

st205 tein dress up spring modified to suit st202

freshly pro painted front wings, mint

" "front facelift front bumper with TOMS lip

" " standard side skirts, mint

SSIII rear spats

celica embroided front seats, rare??

TRD rear top mounts

TRD gear knob, genuine

SSIII genuine white gauge cluster

Projector front headlights

facelift rear lamps

freshly painted boot lid , has had hole filled to suit ssIII spoiler, profesionaly done by myself and the painters at work

roof/boot upper spoiler/visor

crystal bumper indicators

N/S driveshaft with brand new blueprint cv joint (cost £100 for the joint)

K&N panel filter

new genuine lambda

new genuine cat

front calipers have had new pistons and seals

new blueprint waterpump fitted 8ish months ago

new dizzy cap, irridium plugs, leads

new handbrake shoes, genuine again

new blueprint rear disks 12mths ago

passed mot today so 12 mths mot and i put 6 mths tax on at the beginning of the month

probs loads more, I will update as and when I remember.

didnt realise just how much I have done :blush:

and all the usual non beams SSIII goodies

as you can see I replace service stuff with genuine parts , if that aint feasible then its blueprint

She is a 1997/98 R reg import with 113K on the clock, most is in KM, I will go through the paperwork to get a rough idea in miles

loads of paperwork

I put the list up so hopefully you guys could advise on a sale price for her.

some pics are up in my gallery,I will get some nice ones up soon

Thanks, Daz

Edited by dazzy

Ive been looking at the tezzas but insurance is just as much as my current if not more,, im looking for luxury and a bit more practicality.

this is what i want http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2003-03-LEXUS-200-2-0-SE-4DR-SALOON-/280724059889?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item415c7536f1#ht_1646wt_1270 :D

I used to have an IS200. Cracking cars, lovely drive and nice. The UK version is a bit under-powered for the straight size lump it has.

Not very economical but comfortable. Has a lot of mod cons and probably one of the best looking dials on any car.

No ideas about issues, in 10months of ownership the only thing that went wrong with mine was a coil pack, £80 to fix and it was reet. B)

my uncle had the is200

i will ask him about it 2moro

cheers bud

I used to have an IS200. Cracking cars, lovely drive and nice. The UK version is a bit under-powered for the straight size lump it has.

Not very economical but comfortable. Has a lot of mod cons and probably one of the best looking dials on any car.

No ideas about issues, in 10months of ownership the only thing that went wrong with mine was a coil pack, £80 to fix and it was reet. B)

sounds good, im used to shite mpg but thats not realy what im looking for anyway, I dont do a lot of miles.

I want a 4 door that has potential to look great and I think these are already half way there, I want to be able to get the dog in the back easily if and when we go somewhere special for walkies, weve got an Akita so he is pretty big, and i realy want electric heated bum warmers, lol and these are half the price on insurance of my celica

as you said the clusters are B)

I want a 4 door that has potential to look great and I think these are already half way there, I want to be able to get the dog in the back easily if and when we go somewhere special for walkies, weve got an Akita so he is pretty big, and i realy want electric heated bum warmers, lol and these are half the price on insurance of my celica

Seats don't fold down in some models (I think the 'sport' versions, but may be others too) so good luck getting a dog in there... I looked at one too, but my mountain bike wouldn't fit.

My mum has an 02 plate owned from new and nothing has gone wrong other than wear and tear. Brilliant cars just slightly under powered but if that doesnt bother you then perfect!

according to this http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/knowledge/index.php?page=index_v2&id=14&c=5 they are 153bhp, similar power as a UK gt celica with a full tank and some heffas in the back :lol:

Seats don't fold down in some models (I think the 'sport' versions, but may be others too) so good luck getting a dog in there... I looked at one too, but my mountain bike wouldn't fit.

I had a uk is200 - only kept it for a few weeks was planning on replacing the g7 with it - very nice car to drive - had 120,000 but was very smooth and a lovely drive, in the end, kept the g7 as needed the load area

hmm, food for thought, Think I need to go have a propa look at a few, on the other hand thats what mums Cmax is for :rolleyes:

so far then, no one has had any/knows of any potentialy expensive/common issues, such as hideously expensive lower arm replacement etc.

Had one back in 2001 it was a 2000 W reg IS200 sports, great car rear wheel drive nice ride great hifi cheap to insure and the dealers just look after you so well, servicing cheap back then £130 for a full service. good size family car instead of going for a 3 series BMW or a mondeo or the like. well looked after ones will run for years, down sides alloys are bad for corriding but get them done and they last well. quick enough to get you past most if you go for the v6 3litre one.

its all personal choice though.

Forget the IS200, go for an Altezza RS200 ;)

We had a RS200 and yes it is much better than the IS200 and I'm sorry to say if I was to choose between the SS2 and the RS200, it'll have to be the RS200.

Reason being it that the car it self is very practical and handles VERY well combined with a very well balance engine.

I was seriously thinking of getting one but the road tax put me off! Dorris

according to the web 6mths is £143 and 12 months is £260, not a great deal more than mine

We had a RS200 and yes it is much better than the IS200 and I'm sorry to say if I was to choose between the SS2 and the RS200, it'll have to be the RS200.

Reason being it that the car it self is very practical and handles VERY well combined with a very well balance engine.

I would love the RS200 but for the same reasons I have and wont get a GT4 is the cost of running and insurance etc

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.