BOOST

james v

I drove a seat leon cupra today and became adicted to boost. could not stop using the turbo. If only i had the money to supercharge my gen 7 but sadly not.

Might have to think about changing to something boosted, but dont think i could say good bye to my celica, im just too attached

Definitely got to be worth considering a GT4. Some very tempting cars on the Bay at the minute, some very very nice examples gone through the club too. There's no cheaper way of getting boost. It costs less to buy a GT4 than it would to charge a Gen7. You'd be in a more exclusive 'gang' in the Gen7 but boost is boost :lol:

Id love a GT4, i love the aggressive looks, assume it would have great power and handling and also on the plus side still would be driving a celica but reading through lots of threads on here as spend most of my time doing lol (much to my girl friends dislike). Its seems like they can become a bottomless pit, with high running costs and lots of parts that are liable to need replacing

Depends on what you do with them and if you buy a good one or a lemon!

Petrol is the biggest cost because you will have a heavy right foot, I know I do! :blush::lol:

Suspension when it needs doing if it all needs doing you're looking at the best part of 2k (that's with labour)

Clutch is about £600.

You've just got to then resist the urge to faff

Edited by lta

Find (and buy) a good one and the costs needn't be that off-putting. Also, if you're concerned about the costs of ownership/running/maintaining a GT4 then F/I Gen 7 isn't for you either :lol: Toyota designed the GT4 with F/I from it's origin. Not so the Gen 7 so it's a lot of trial and error, fixing, replacing, upgrading etc...

nope

i figure this , if you mess with them then they need attention , if left alone bits wear out as is normal , can it be the cars fault that setting up is a pain in the arse ? i know almost all of my issues are down to poor build quality from the people who created the car and not toyota

pop off and have a looksee of how many people posting up theres a fault with there cars , you may be suprised

Years back, I had a rover 420 GSI turbo; one night it developed a massive rough idle and misfire issue. The top comment made about the car was:

“Nice car mate it sounds just like a Scooby”

My Reply

"Well actually No it’s F&*ked"

:lol: I'm spending all my time currently getting cut up by any scooby on the road who cant have it there's a girl in front of them with a car louder than theirs.

And my neighbours, oh dear has your exhaust blown?

got to get something done about it

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2965189.htm

Nice black 1998 GT4 here bud... cracking cars but you need to have deep pockets if you're using it as your daily driver! I thankfully just use mine for weekends and it costs around £75 - 80 to fill the tank and with town driving it gets 280ish. Motorway I've had about 370 miles out of the tank which isn't so bad. But you're right, boost is addictive. The induction noise, dump valve noise etc = insane B)

Yer i put a link upto that 98 ST205 the other day.

Test drive a few cars - subaru , evo , GT4 and see what suits you best.

All 3 are expensive but the servicing costs of subaru and evo far more than a GT4.

All drink juice like george best on the piss and each has its pro's and con's

The Gt4 has one main weak spot - the Supertrut suspension - but it does give incredible roadholding.

I test drove a Impreza P1 - didnt get chance to give it the full beans but was fast however the build quality and interior plastics made me laugh

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.