When can I 1st wash after respray?

It's been 3 weeks since the car got sprayed and 2 weeks since it got all flat & polished gain by the shop.

Starting to look a bit grubby now and the wax where the shop didn't buff us starting to show by White marks

Will it be ok to give the car a quick wash but just with some g3 car shampoo nothing else?

I was told leave it or a week or so, then only use a sponge and washing up liquid for a month or so, then whatever!

I would never use washing up liquid on a vehicle, it contains salt so would speed up any corrosion on bare metalic parts and tends to dull paintwork.

Well I have to correct myself there, they said "soapy water" not washing up liquid LOL...I never listened anyway and left it for a month then cleaned it normally - my cars don't get much cleaning-love!

Tell ya what...if I'd had a fresh respray, I'd be doing everything I could to keep that paint completely swirl free...waste of money otherwise imo.

Exactly, and now i've gave it fuckin swirls all over i'm absolutly devastated

good excuse to buy a rotary polisher

John or anyone would you need to be extra carefull with a rotart EDITED to ROTARYpolisher, if you are a Novice ? ... someone recommended 1 a short while ago on ccuk anyone got the link handy plz

How have the swirls appeared on your car Liams was it fine grit being rubbed in ?

Edited by cait

liam am guessing seen as your car is island green, which is metalic paint, so it wont have laquer it will just have a top coat which is part of the actual paint :thumbs:

i have had the majority of my audi re sprayed and i have loads of swirls all over my new paint it is virtually impossible to wash it without creating swirls you can minimise them for sure but not totally stop them for gods sake my car gets scratched when it rains from the water dragging the grit over the car!

metalic paint is a nightmare for sure!

i feel for you fella

John or anyone would you need to be extra carefull with a rotart EDITED to ROTARYpolisher, if you are a Novice ? ... someone recommended 1 a short while ago on ccuk anyone got the link handy plz

How have the swirls appeared on your car Liams was it fine grit being rubbed in ?

Cait you'd be better off with a Dual Action polisher not a rotary. :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.