How to get jammed on steering wheel off?

Anyone got any good ideas? or even better a two arm puller could borrow to get it off?

This things seriously on there, Ade has spent a good part of the afternoon wrestling with it to the point where he thought was going to poop himself with the effort (lol, yes Ade you should've kept that thought in your head :D)

Want to buy his steering wheel but getting the old one off is proving most frustrating

Any suggestions?

did I mention i charge extra for soiled pantaloons...? :P

:D :D i wondered why the funny walk when i left :P

You could try soaking it with some penetrating oil or WD40 for a couple of days, then try again, just remeber to leave the nut on slightly or you (or Ade) will end up with a black eye and a broken nose laugh.gif

Its had some oil on it this afternoon so hopefully that'll help, yep he did that with the nut :D the bloody nose pic would have been posted :D

no, no, you missunderstand...

That was my unnecessarily ample schlong causing me some balance problems! :lol:

Just to clarify, the oil went on the steering wheel nut, not the schlong...

Edited by Adex

I know it sounds silly but did you just try "yanking" it straight off or did you try "rocking it? IE pulling on the left side of the wheel then the right, kinda like shaking it? Then doing the same but with the top and bottom?

I've never failed to get a wheel off using that technique and never had to use oil either ;)

I know it sounds silly but did you just try "yanking" it straight off or did you try "rocking it? IE pulling on the left side of the wheel then the right, kinda like shaking it? Then doing the same but with the top and bottom?

I've never failed to get a wheel off using that technique and never had to use oil either ;)

x2

as Brendan says :)

Yep, tried every which way going.

I've got a 3-arm puller which is fine on the majority of wheels.

Really need a 2-arm jobbie though as there's some weird architecture going on with the wheels frame.

Its a pretty cheap casting as it goes too, so I'm a bit hesitant to lever on most of it! :unsure:

Having another go on sunday so have 2 days to make a 2 arm-puller. Spose it keeps me out of mischief... :lol:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.