Pulled over

BTW, 32mm grom is fine - no sanding or anything and IMHO will give a much better seal than 30mm. I should try and do a group buy on these grommets and persuade every G7 driver to 'TAKE OFF THEIR REAR WIPER!!!' :lol:

when i put a 32mm grommet in the rear wiper hole it didn't sit flush and ended up being 'domed' - if that makes sense? It was secure in there (a b!tch to get out :lol:) but cos it wasn't sitting flushed I didn't like it, so sanded that bad boy down a little.

However, 30mm metal plug on the way so I'll let you know how that turns on in mah mod thread :thumbs:

Back on topic, if you've only been pulled once I would be tempted to keep the stickers on. However, if the cops are local and spot you again then you'll probably get in more trouble since they've pulled you over for the same thing twice.

better safe then sorry, unfortunately it seems you were just unlucky and got pulled over by two very bored cops.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeh I've removed the offensive bit. I know what you mean about the grommet being domed, I'll give it a go and see what happens.

Yeh let us know how you get on with the metal plate!

Just noticed where you from, I lived in Burnham on Mud for 5 years and hardly ever saw a Police car lol, bet ya shit ya self when you saw their bicycle lights in ya rear view mirror.

I recon whats happened is :-

While looking down to change a CD, you inadvertently drove through a pot hole and splashed them as they were nibbling their 'Ginsters'. This made Avon & Somerset's finest think

'Oi go have he in thart sports caar if it's the last thing oi do'

then when they caught ya they just made up some random offence i.e.

'u do reoloise that thaaarts an offence under the Public Order aaaact, nointeen eighty siiiix, section foive, and may corz an offence to other roooad users'

and by a strange fluke of fate it actually relates to something that could be read as true !!!

(only a bit o fun mate, loved it down there and would come back tomorrow if OI had chance)

no offence taken mate, I would happily leave if I had the chance, I live in bridgwater which is only 10 miles from Burnham. I'm not actually from here, I was actually born in Northampton and lived there until I was 4.

I took the "VTEC This" one to mean that you would actually like someone to install a VTEC system in your car.

:lol:

Angus

haha, "VTEC my ride"!

Surely a Celica with a VTEC engine would kill itself in shame.

Edited by dr3bin

They clearly hadn't pulled anyone that night and wanted a bit of paperwork to do when they got back to the station, loads of people have these stickers, i don't see why you were told to remove them. Maybe give it a month or two then put them back on wink.gif

There is a bit of a contradiction in this thread.

On the one hand, people are really keen to take off the wiper because it makes the car look "smarter"; to someone who appreciates good looking cars, that is pleasing, tasteful and therefore desirable.

But if you consider yourself to be in that group of people, is there any way of arguing the case that the finger sticker is pleasing, tasteful and desirable? Nah! Surely the exact opposite?

Honda's VTEC is a superb engine; I had one. It used to be the case that it had the highest specific power output of any engine in mass production. I don't know whether that is still the case. The term "Death Rattle" did not arise from the VTEC but with the VVTI; I know because I have one. Which is not to say the VVTI is a lesser engine.

In my opinion, anyone who really disrespects the VTEC, knows nothing and is not a genuine car fan.

All that said, I hate the the thought of coughing up Council Tax so that plod can spend his time doing this. Are we getting the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth?

Your missing the point bazz. I have the utmost respect for the vtec engine. This sticker was purely a bit of fun.

Yep...I did say "really disrespects" and didn't imply you think that. Quietly, when no one is looking...take it off :)

haha, I think the whole thing is going to come off anyway, just because I stuck it on as I was leaving Rising Sun and couldn't think where to put it. As I said earlier, wasn't too keen on it's positioning anyway!

Is it wise to challenge the VTEC drivers, since most of those cars will be quicker than a gen 7?

Do you think so ?

never been beaten by one yet , not been able to lose one tho either

on private roads of course

Well in all fairness bumblebee mine is only a 140. But as I said, never looking for a race, was only a bit of fun!

Right, well I decided it was all or nothing and it has now completely gone.

Here is after and yeh, I prefer it without, definitely!

IMAG0108.jpg

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.