Possibly moving on?

I've been doing a spot of thinking recently and I'm starting to grow a bit tired of Indy's lack of grunt now. Obviously, I could upgrade the engine but I'd be in danger of throwing a fair bit of money at a car that probably isn't worth it. :(

So I'm considering a change. But what to? A GT4 would be the next obvious step, but I'm starting to fancy some open top motoring for the three days a year we have sunshine in this country!

I could get a Gen 6 Vert and simply transplant all my goodies onto it - I think that'd be a nice looking (but still slow) topless car. :) But I'm really fancying some complete Jap turbo-nutter RWD fun... in a 300ZX targa!!

I know that my car would be worth far more in bits than as a whole car, so that could help offset the cost of the ZX... I just don't know...

Thoughts, people?

Si, next time i see you have a blast in mine before you change.

Cheers, Jimmy. The main problem I have with the GT4 is that I really don't like the front bumper! If I got one, I'd probably end up copying Malpaso's hybrid off 6GC to keep the facelift bumper with the Faff grill/bonnet. Plus the road's round here are terrible so I'd probably spend all my time chasing the superstrut suspension!

300ZX is one bad ass car. DO IT! :D

That's what I'm thinking. But then there are potentially huge running costs for a Z car...

I hate decisions!

I could always be really bloody stupid and convert mine into a T-bar.....

You pay your money take your choice at the end of the day, but personally id go for a GT4 :D not just cause Ive got one either.

One of my mates has got a 300zx TT its not a bad car dont get me wrong, but try and keep it on the road for a start he stuffed his up a curb one day just pulling into a junction, put his foot down and round she goes :rolleyes: and as for fuel hes lucky to get 18mpg out of it taking it steady!!

It does not do corners and thats where the fun is to be had!

Up to you.....

You pay your money take your choice at the end of the day, but personally id go for a GT4 :D not just cause Ive got one either.

One of my mates has got a 300zx TT its not a bad car dont get me wrong, but try and keep it on the road for a start he stuffed his up a curb one day just pulling into a junction, put his foot down and round she goes :rolleyes: and as for fuel hes lucky to get 18mpg out of it taking it steady!!

It does not do corners and thats where the fun is to be had!

Up to you.....

I know what you're saying, mate...

3 litre v6 ???

slightly modified

£7k and the dog :lol:

You'd be paying me if the deal included Bis The Wonder Dog...! :lol:

I've driven one belonging to a mate and I wouldn't want one personally mate, they look the part and in a straight line are fine but get them in the corners and as already said, you can forget it.

Depending on your whether your budget allows and with the same sort of economy figures I'd be looking to a Mitsubishi GTO turbo, they do one with a removable glass roof and they are 5 times the car the ZX is :drool:

If you like corners then forget the 300zx. A mate of mine has one with some goodies on 300 bhp an yes they are a nice motor. Its the twin turbo and you cant press the go button cos it will just go where the fooook it wants. But as i said yes its a nice car an not to bad on fuel when pottering down the m way. ;)

when the 300zx first came out i was working for a company whos 4 directors had them as company cars .

within 3 months there was one left

simply put -----lethal in the wet

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.