Can you see yourself in another car?

When I was 20 I couldn't see past my Ford Capri, and imagined I'd own it forever ... same with my girlfriend of the time, and my first bass guitar I'd just got for Christmas.

Imagine how dull my life would have been if I still had that Capri and that girlfriend (I still have the bass). :lol:

Angus

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My dream car is what i have now as i have wanted a GT4 since they came out in 94 and i was working for Toyota.

However my dream exotic car is a Porsche 911 - and i could have had a good un with change when i total up what ive spent on mine :lol:

Yes easily, I love my Celica more than anything and have said when I get another car I don't want to sell the Celica as I will use it as an every day car. BUT Im always looking at new cars but a lot of them are out of my price range at the moment but next for me will be any of the following:

Evo 6

S15

PS13

Celica is more than a car to me for several reasons, which I wont bore you with but I will be moving on but the Celica will stay :)

I have driven quite a few cars although only owned two, and there are a few cars out that that I think I wouldn't mind one of those i.e 370z ( maybe next :)) but I think would still want to keep my celica as well, but running both would kill me lol.

So for me I'm happy with what I got and as its still got plenty of life left in it ( and mods to do ) I think I'll take it to the grave.

I'll let the misses have the boring family cars, by which I will try and make my celica a weekend toy.

In a few years i would like to own a Lexus ISF as they will no doubt loose money horrendously like all big cars of that type and so will be in my price range

However the faff will be my weekend toy till i pop my clogs

If you like the high arm rest and cockpit feel, may i suggest the MR2 mk2. i had one, and id have another turbo import in a heart beat!! you sit even deeper in with wrap around console, loved the car to death, but buying a house meant i had to sell.
Yeah, in my case it was through having to be semi-practical and get something with a hint of rear seat as I'm a dad now - but the Mk2 MR2 really does have a fantastically comfortable passenger cabin. Comfiest car seats I've sat in for an extended length of time.

My last one...

front_angle.jpg

i dont plan on changing the car for a long time yet and when i do get a new one i will keep my baby , well she is part of the family now after nearly 5 years.still got lots of plans for her

Am watching the prices of the Nissan gtr and if they ever do come down to the 20k mark watch this space, might be a while yet though lol

If you like the high arm rest and cockpit feel, may i suggest the MR2 mk2. i had one, and id have another turbo import in a heart beat!! you sit even deeper in with wrap around console, loved the car to death, but buying a house meant i had to sell.

Im thinking of getting another one while the Celi is off the road while i drop in a 2JZ-GTE and rear drive. But as said, i think ill take my celi to the grave!! it will just get more modified and faster as it grows old disgracefully!! :lol:

The old MR2 cockpit (snigger):

DSC03972.jpg

DSC03964.jpg

DSC03967.jpg

DSC02480.jpg

DSC02483.jpg

Miss my old 2 :(

Agree, the solid feel of an MR2 puts the celica's cabin of rattles to shame too.

But otherwise yeah...can see myself in a whole shitload of different cars...Celicas are great but not the be all and end all of daily motoring.

On another note...WHY do people put different alloys all together on the back of MR2s?!?!?!

to me theres a world of cars , how boring would life be to be stuck with the same car for yrs on end , theres also peer pressure to deal with , a friend of mine got outbid on a noble a couple of days ago !!!

tvr , not too old , must be stupidly loud and aggressive

lotus , one you can get in and out of

something along the lines of a w12 vw but after removing the speed restrictions or perhaps something such as an slr mrclaren

On another note...WHY do people put different alloys all together on the back of MR2s?!?!?!

I wondered that from the pics ... is it a common thing on Merdes?

As for other cars, the MG ZT diesel that Indy got a couple of weeks ago ... it's actually great fun to drive. It's got a Synergy 2 chip in, and it goes like absolute buggery. It's very comfy too. I found myself thinking I'd actually quite fancy it myself. :o Let's see how it goes up the Alps first, eh?

Angus

I've seen many MR2's with different wheels up front to the back...it's dead popular in Japan to have some thick 5 spokes up back and thinner spoked ones up front. I know the cars handle far better with staggered wheels..so that could be the main reason as two wheels are way cheaper than 4 on second hand sites and so on...but it looks garrish imo!

Can't actually ever remember seeing mismatched alloys on a '2 before now... unless it was an emergency swap out thanks to the comedy space saver spare?

Agree, the solid feel of an MR2 puts the celica's cabin of rattles to shame too.

But otherwise yeah...can see myself in a whole shitload of different cars...Celicas are great but not the be all and end all of daily motoring.

The fronts came with the car and were 17's. i was younger and much less wise in the ways of offset knowledge. got some nice looking 18's, the balck and chrome ones, and put them on. they diddnt fit on the front, so got spacers, and they still scrubbed on full lock, so i put the 17's back on the front.

I want another MR2 now!! :( *heads over to pistonheads classifieds....*

And Amy, when im through with my engine/drivetrain mods, she will never be finnished, there is always more on "the list" haha. :P

The fronts came with the car and were 17's. i was younger and much less wise in the ways of offset knowledge. got some nice looking 18's, the balck and chrome ones, and put them on. they diddnt fit on the front, so got spacers, and they still scrubbed on full lock, so i put the 17's back on the front.

I want another MR2 now!! :( *heads over to pistonheads classifieds....*

And Amy, when im through with my engine/drivetrain mods, she will never be finnished, there is always more on "the list" haha. :P

And I'll be there to test drive her all the way :P

I told you to buy yourself an MR2 while you're pulling the 7 apart!! :)

Yup! a Skyline R33 GTR!

but I do love the interior setup of my Gen7! I was bitten by the celica bug not long after I got mine mate.

I think my next car will be either a Celica GT, or a 350Z or a Skyline R33,but believe me my Celica has many years left with me! I'm going to run this one down to the ground.

this morning it was overcast and raning but the lighting was very nice, and the lights from my interior plus the Halek Gear Ring gives a great touch to the lighten inside.

also, the center console:- I would be out off by a car if it did not have some sort of arm rest. I had a brand new Golf GTi when my car wa sin for repairs and for a 18 grand car, I would pick my Celica over that anyday. the inside of that Golf was horrible! and NO ARM REST!! Besides I wouldnt of sed it was that much faster than my Celica so couldnt justify the money!

I would love a second car, a dirty diesel to cover the 500 miles a week, another car all together? maybe, I keep coming back to the celica's as I cant find anything like it, something that does not brake and goes well, looking at getting a gen7 to do up this year, but got a feeling I wont like it again! have owned many a car, scoobies and 200 sx's to 306's and astra 2.2's..... I would like a big v8 one day, but sadly not right now..

I would love a second car, a dirty diesel to cover the 500 miles a week,

As I say, the MG ZT has wee computer thing on it that tells you the range you have left and your average mpg for the journey. So I zeroed it and drove like an old lady for a while, and got it up to 60mpg. :) And the range thing on a full tank reads something around 600 miles ...

Cost us 2 grand with 81K miles on it. And it leaves my Honda standing (whisper it :lol:).

This is what ours looks like:

11_Nov.jpg

Angus

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.