Can you see yourself in another car?

I've been seriously bitten by the Celica bug, every car I get in now just feels like there is so much space in the car and you are riding in a fucking high chair :lol: Gear knob is like an actual gear stick all the way down low and you have to move your whole body to go from 1st - 2nd etc. Wher ein the Celica it's only a short shaft (lol) and the whole center console armrest thing is nice and high so you feel all tucked in.

I can't describe it I just love the 'cockpit' type feel to the interior the Celica has where it sort of 'encases you' in the car, only car I can see myself in after this is a Supra now as that has a even nicer interior where the whole dash basically curves around the and faces the driver.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Usually start getting bored of cars after 4-5 years, but I still love the look & feel of the Celica. I'm still very protective of her & double/triple glance at her everytime I walk away :blush:

I've contemplated selling a few times lately to get something a bit more economical, but I couldn't bring myself to do it.......I just love the car that much & wouldn't want to change it for anything else at the moment B)

My mate has a 3ltr twin turbo'd Supra pushing about 450bhp & he's looking to come back to another 7 :)

I can see myself in a lamborghini reventon but it will never happen. So, for now, the Celica is good enough :D keeps a smile on my face when driving it

Well, I love my celica to bits, and will more then likely take it to my Grave with me, But...

• Toyota Levin GT Apex
  • MK1 Ford Capri with big blown V8
  • Rover SD1 Vitesse

The FT-86 looks too shiney and 'perfect' to me. I am also bitter as its engine and rear wheel drive is what should have been under the celica in the first place :angry:

Edited by RoryK

Yeah easily, kind of getting bored of the GT-Four at the moment (which isn't helping motivate me to repair her, lol) and at some point will buy and own an US Muscle/Pony car of some description, or at least a V8

If you like the high arm rest and cockpit feel, may i suggest the MR2 mk2. i had one, and id have another turbo import in a heart beat!! you sit even deeper in with wrap around console, loved the car to death, but buying a house meant i had to sell.

Im thinking of getting another one while the Celi is off the road while i drop in a 2JZ-GTE and rear drive. But as said, i think ill take my celi to the grave!! it will just get more modified and faster as it grows old disgracefully!! :lol:

The old MR2 cockpit (snigger):

DSC03972.jpg

DSC03964.jpg

DSC03967.jpg

DSC02480.jpg

DSC02483.jpg

Miss my old 2 :(

Nothing out there would be within my price range.

I've yet to find a car that excites me visually and has all the feel and handling of the Celica for anything less than treble/quadruple the cost of the Celica.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.