I hate them, I hate them, I hate them!

Damn turbo grooved EBC discs!

Now we've had a bit of warm weather, it's windows down time & all I can hear is the echo of 'ti ti ti ti ti ti ti'

Forgotten how annoying it is :angry: They look nice but OMG! Think I need to change them.....what nice looking alternatives do we have?

I have gotten used to it... But yeah it is a bit annoying..... Then again.. it isn't AS annoying as brake squeek!!

I think all grooved discs make that noise, Not sure about just drilled though

Ive got drilled and grooved discs and they too are driving me mental! Im just waiting to get a BBK so I can get rid.

Ive had them since feb and noticed no difference from stock discs that dont tick!

I find they do stop better. But then again, Anything was better than my old setup,

OEM discs (i think)

OEM pads (i think)

Rubber hoses.

But The discs were warpped, and the hoses expanded - possibly on my track day, Thus there was steering wheel wobble at high speeds and under braking and Very very very spongy brakes.

The ticking noise is the price you have to pay to look "cool"

Ive got drilled & grooved disc's & dont get any noise, well i dont here it over the exhaust, air filter, dump valve & flame frowing back box, they not branded thou just come from flebay & there lots better than standard

Giz

I've never had the tik with mine. Strange when everybody else seems to.

The only problem i have with EBCs is that the rears are not wearing well. Tarox rears next I think with 7's new ones up front.

I've never had the tik with mine. Strange when everybody else seems to.

The only problem i have with EBCs is that the rears are not wearing well. Tarox rears next I think with 7's new ones up front.

What pads do you use? (for anyone using turbo grooved discs)

Could pad choice make a difference? I'm using green stuff at the mo.

Turn the tunes up then. Duh! :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: Then the whole car vibrates.....more sound deadening required I think...

The ticking noise is the price you have to pay to look "cool"

Very true mate....but may well be one mod I have to re-address ;)

I get the same with my mtec dimpled and grooved. It sounds like something's fallen off my car and is rattling around.

I wonder if people can hear from the outside over other road noise. Kinda defeats the point of looking cool if you sound broken.

Are you sure you don't have a slightly sticking calliper, i can't see any other reason why they would make any noise when not braking

I have grooved discs on my car and i get the whirring noise when i brake hard (which is to be expected with grooved discs) but i have all 4 calipers that have recently been refurbed and operating smoothly

Yeah mate all the calipers are fine. Double checked them when I first noticed the ticking after fitting them. Thought it may wear off after a few hundred miles, but it never did.

The ticking is constant & only bothers me when the windows are down......but it's been way too warm at the mo to keep them up..

I've been hearing a tih tih tih too.

Turns out I had a huge screw lodged in the back tyre :(

Hope it's repairable, everything seems to be going wrong recently :(

As long at the screw is in the main tread & not in the side wall, it should be a simple repair mate. Think it's about £10 for puncture repair & wheel balance ;)

Where is this noise coming from - front or back? I am getting this noise but it's from the back and i'm putting it down to the sh!t guard or the shoes inside the hub.

I do get the squeal, but am thinking of removing a shim to try and solve that problem.

I use Reds but I don't think a different pad will stop your tick. Does the frequency of the ticking change with speed?

Not really, seems to be the same volume at all speeds. Need to recheck under braking to see if it gets louder, but from what I recall it stays pretty consistent.

Where is this noise coming from - front or back? I am getting this noise but it's from the back and i'm putting it down to the sh!t guard or the shoes inside the hub.

I do get the squeal, but am thinking of removing a shim to try and solve that problem.

Seems to be all round to be honest.....have been unable to pinpoint it to just fronts/rears or individual wheel.

I'm using red stuff and grooved and dimpled disks, no noise here!!!

Very strange how some are fine, but some tick :unsure:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.