Other Toyota Drivers

I know our Celica's arnt the most expensive car on the road, nor are they the fastest and I would have a Skyline R33 over my Celica anyday but I love my Celica. The Celica is my first Toyota, I've previously had...

(i may lose whatever respect members have for me here but here goes lol)

Rover 214

Nissan Almera

Pugeot 206

Renault Clio

But Since owning my Celica I've noticed I've built up more of a respect not only for every other Celica owner but every other Toyota owner in general.

My Celica is still in its early stages of being modded and making it my own, to help it stand out, but I always like seeing other Celicas about, I have a Gen 7 and I know those Gen 6 owners love to diss us at any given opportunity lol... but when I say another Celica I mean all Generations.

I've been complimented by many people since owning my Celica last august and this was something I wasnt expecting, From mates, lads at work to the guys at the hand wash i go too. I've never really came across anyone who's had a bad thing to say about my car! My mam thinks I'll not want a Skyline anymore, she says the celica is much nicer, but I willa lways want a Skyline R33!

now I'm quite the curteous driver and understand why ppl by the cars they have, but I cant help but think that every other toyota Driver has bought themself a good car there, just because its a Toyota. And they usually get extra respect from me on the road lol.

Is it just me or did/does anyone feel the same, having more respect for the toyota name and not just the Celica. :blush:

Some of you may have experienced Toyota in different vehicles but so far my experiences has been my friends Yaris when I was 17 and the Celica I have now. I've got no reason to think toyotas Cars/engines arnt top quality and would always look at the Toyota cars first is I were to get another car.

Infact I dont want my girlfriend to get a new Fiesta as her first car I am trying to get her to get a Yaris lol. Just to keep Mr T in the family lol.

Edited by Scott Baker

I can definitely relate to the jap family now when I see a jap car, after moving into the Celica from a Ford it is like night and day, everytime I see a jap car now I just think "good choice sir ;)"

I actually think i've got the bug for Celica's now aswell, I can definitely see my next car being a 190 in a year or 2's time

There is something that makes Toyotas stand out, despite their pandering to the mass market in recent years. I imagine it must be something to do with their marketing department. They have a clean, simple logo which implies that they're open and honest. Their reputation for reliability has survived despite the series of recalls that got so much publicity recently.

However, the stunning blandness of their recent model line-up has shunted their market towards those who don't really care what car they have. So I don't take much notice of "new" Toyota owners. Anyone with one from pre-2000 or so, yes, my mind says they probably have half an idea about cars. Pre-1994, certainly. ;)

Toyotas have also become the main vehicle of war ... how many times have you seen a report from Libya where you haven't seen a Toyota pick-up in the picture somewhere? Same applies all round that quarter of the world.

Since childhood, I always associated Honda with motorbikes (even had an XL250 back in the day ;)) so they're inherently cool for that reason. And, as I keep saying, mine out-performs and out-reliables any of the Gen 5s I owned. :)

Angus

Not really. I respect any car that has been modded to go fast. There's a load of turbo'd Corsas around where I live, and yeah, they get a thumbs up from me. People may think that it's just a shitty Corsa, but they'd probably whoop 90% of the cars on here :sofa: In a straight line tho...

Or any car that has had a load spent on it. :thumbs: But it has to look nice.

And expensive cars. They're nice to look at, but a lot of people envy people who have them, and call them show offs. But if I see an exotic car on even an M3 or an RS4 or something I'll say fair play, they've worked hard for that. Like my mate saw the new Focus RS and the lad driving was giving it some, and he called the guy an idiot. The car's built to do that, what's the point of getting a fast £30k car if you're not gonna use it??? Obviously there's a line, but he was just going in a straight line. Everyone on here does stuff like that.

TBH, other Toyotas are boring. Yaris is just another small hatchback, Prius has aids, Corrola is just another hatchback kinda blends in with the other hatchbacks, RAV4 nah... Supras and Glanzas are cool though B)

My next car probably won't be a Toyota if I'm honest. Since turning 21 the insurance on 'fast' cars has gone down to something acceptable. I can see myself moving on in the next year or two.

Nissan 350Z... Hello :D

Anyone who takes the time to look after and tastefully modify a car gets respect from me, whatvever the car is. People who just buy posh cars get none. They are the people who don't actually have a clue and are just buying it to show they have money and a small dick. Likewise people who buy large fibreglass aeronautical parts and araldite them onto a suitably low powered rustbox, no repsect for that.

Most respect to people who build kit cars, hot rods or restore proper old school cars.

ive a lot of time for toyota as a brand , ive dicked about with almost every car creater be it italian or british , american or japanese , to me the japanese just screw the dam things together better , as a rule though i tend to look at toyota first based on a few things , mazda have made some awfull shit over the years , that wankel engine is a pile of shit and should have been dumped years ago , cool looking cars but not upto the other japanese car manufacturers , mitsubishi then not be either boring or extreme , no middle ground , reliability they arnt great , honda are arguably the very best with a brilliant range of cars and reliability to die for but most are to dam boring , i mean a car call a jazz !!!! toyota on the other hand would get bored with that and lash a turbo in there so respect due , its a crying shame the generation of cars from toyota worth having stopped around 2000 , seems the future will be ourselfs creating forced induction on the toyota range

Yes jap cars and their owners get respect from me. There are 2 exceptions from this rule however..

1. Prius. Full stop, hey get treated like the bags of crap they are.

2. 15 year old Toyota 4x4's. The pickup trucks are fine, its just the guly ass 4x4's that i hate.

Anyone in a 1998 shape supra, or any kind of celica, will get added bonus points! lol

I love my Toyotas but you have to respect the guy who designed the fiesta chassis...chased a little zetec down but the little shit kicked my arse an a double roundabout and after that we hit traffic so game over...was biting the wheel :angry:

R33? Eww. Ugly and fat as shite. R32 or R34 all the way mate :)

I was moaning the other day because I paid 30odd quid for a genuine fuel filter with discount from Toyota but when I got it, it was so perfect and with a shiny holographic logo I soon quit moaning :lol:

Nothing specifically special about any make - most manufacturers make good and bad cars. IMO most Japanese cars are bland, there are some exceptions, like the Celica and the Honda NSX, but some dogs as well, like the Mazda RX8. Can't deny that in many cases the engineering is pretty good, but certainly Toyota have been having more than their fair share of recalls lately.

The problem is that most marques which have "soul" also have lots opf problems - I love Alfa Romeos, but I wouldn't have one as a practical car, too many problems. But that Alfa DOHC 4 engine was a beaut, I had one in a Marlin Roadster I built back in the early 90's, a gorgeous free-revving engine with a sound which would make your hair curl - that was in the days when I had hair, of course :)

i see alot of people of certain ages who drive celicas, because theyre nice cars? but dont acknowledge/recognise any other celicas...

i find its mainly younger people, in celicas that show more car awareness.

about time toyota made another decent "sports" car, even if they make a hybrid version.

but the whole industry is bollox now. theoretical euro mpgs...

i mainly do motorway miles +want the 70mph mpg figures! not some euro mpg ponsense

Edited by infernalzen

The missus has recently bought a new 5-door Aygo Blue, nice car but a bit overpriced. And yes, I know these are basically the same as the Citroen C1/Peugeot 107, but I have to admit it's not a bad car. She regularly gets 50-60 mpg out of it, and we've driven all over the Continent in it, it's comfortable, surprisingly roomy and very nippy, provided you use the gearbox a lot.

Wouldn't change it for my Gen 6 Vert, though, not in a million years! That's a real, class car!

I do like Jap manufacturers.

My Kawasaki bike was faultess and my Honda is too.

The 3 Honda bikes my dad had were as well, and the Honda CRV we've got, we've had for 11 years and it's never missed a beat.

The Renault and Fiat both had lots of problems, although the Renault Clio wasn't too shabby and lasted a long long time.

The Celica is my first 'proper' car and it seems great so far. I'm quite brand loyal but am troubled by the lack of a decent Toyota line-up nowadays. I acknowledge most Jap cars but appreciate that 90% of road users just by a car that suits there budget and needs.

Not a fan of those who try to polish their turds or smother them in glitter, but i do appreciate something which has been tastefully modified or customised.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.