what has beaten you and what have you beaten in the Celica?

I love backroads. Last weekend an old git in a porche cayman s made a point of dusting me on a duel carriage way that filtered into one lane. Luckily i regained man points by skanking it around the twists, the only time i have managed to make my 235 tyres squeal.

as Dan has said it really is no bragging points on your turf if they don't know the road.

i can catch up most cars in my 1.5dci kangoo van over the strines but this is only because i know the road very well change it to a track situation and a 1 ltr yaris would whoop my ass!

On my way home tonight I was trying to take it easy around the back country roads from Baldock to Buntingford, only lasted about a mile when I noticed 2 sports tourer bikes behind me and was overtaken by one of them, so foot down and had a nice little play around the twisty bends, he got away from me a little on the straights but soon was right behind him again once we got to the bends and having to slow down a bit so I didnt take him out, anyway he finally left me when I got stuck behind another car 2 miles outside Buntingford and until this point we had both left his mate for dust!!! So i'm quite happy with the SS1 at the moment!! :D

On my way home tonight I was trying to take it easy around the back country roads from Baldock to Buntingford, only lasted about a mile when I noticed 2 sports tourer bikes behind me and was overtaken by one of them, so foot down and had a nice little play around the twisty bends, he got away from me a little on the straights but soon was right behind him again once we got to the bends and having to slow down a bit so I didnt take him out, anyway he finally left me when I got stuck behind another car 2 miles outside Buntingford and until this point we had both left his mate for dust!!! So i'm quite happy with the SS1 at the moment!! :D

Then an ST come along and blasted you of the road :lol:

Ive embarassed a couple of TT's and done loads of BMW 3 series, mercs etc.

EP3 civic Type R, cudnt quite get past.

Biggest surprise was an Audi RS4 Avant (twin turbo) it was giving it all taht stuck to my arse, i dropped it to 4th and stretched the BEAMS out a little then into 5th but the RS4 brute wouln't come past me even when i gave him space. no balls i say

If you've been to Great Yarmouth you will know the modding scene here, they all like to try it on but these days I let them past, as most of them can't drive for shit and will only cause an accident.

Although for records sake

A couple of TT's

Golfs

3 Series BMW s

A Prelude

A Prelude

Not a proper one, then. Must've been one of those 2.0 or 2.3 ones. :lol:

I was never a great racer in the Gen 5s, cos they really weren't the fastest things on 4 wheels. A Skyline made me think I was stationary at full throttle in the 185 once.

Having said that, I had an ace hair-raising race with a blacked-out window BMW round the peripheral motorway at Ljubljana in the black 185 some years ago. The guy cut me up coming onto the motorway, so I was forced to give him the finger. He then stuck on my tail pretty well, around 120mph or so, till I eventually out-stupided him and went past an artic by using the hard shoulder at hugely excessive speed.

As you can imagine, Indy was delighted with my behaviour.

In the Prelude, having never been caned by anything like the above Skyline yet, I still believe I am the fastest thing on the road. :)

Angus

Got beat for the first time in a very very long time last night. Coming up the A1 by a Corsa VXR. But then I was in full ECO mode doing my PB fuel check. The willpower needed not to drop it 3 cogs and lift him away. I so nearly succumbed to the dark side especially with my eldest shouting, go, go, go. then he decided I would have been thrashed anyway. Oh he of little faith. They maybe very quick but at high speed they are unsettlingly unstable. My Celica is not.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.