More Gold bits

samuaw

• 3 months later...

Should really start making a mod thread sometime soon.

As always.. Mook's work is amazing.

08032011527.jpg

Also.. If you're wondering why I sanded down my original Center caps and not buy new ones, Well. Since day 1, they were all corroded and what not. Instead of paying Mr T £8 a cap. There are no universal ones which fit the Tech 5 so, i thought I'd Do something custom. Some sprays some Vinyl and hey presto! Plus this way it is all matching.

P.s If you're planning on doing this, The GT centre caps are aluminium, to removed the raised GT logo lots and lots of sanding is necessary.

And yes, I know there are not perfect, Especially the finish and the inner edges, But how often do you inspect wheels with a magnifying glass.. :(

Ah well, The best i can do!

Edited by samuaw

:)

There is a reason i have yet to post those up... Because I am awfully ashamed of my curbed alloys

I'll snap the one with the least amount of curbage... They loooked pretty sweet when i popped them back on.

very nice!!!

you could have put them on straight, though... :laugh2:

I was trying to do what Honda do with their cars, Quality and attention to detail. All their wheel caps, the top of their H faces the tyre valve.

I tried to line up the Tyre valve so it is horizontal to the letters.

Clearly I didn't do that very well :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.