E10 will run a little lean which should be compensated by the closed loop control from the lambda sensor. Ethanol has a higher RON than petrol so detonation shouldn't be a problem.

The biggest potential danger is the GT4 version which goes open loop on boost and will therefore run weaker at a time when running weak can melt things. Standard ECU's have a goos safety margin so should be ok. Aftermarket ECU's are another story.

On 21/11/2020 at 20:31, _Chris_ said:

E10 will run a little lean which should be compensated by the closed loop control from the lambda sensor. Ethanol has a higher RON than petrol so detonation shouldn't be a problem.

The biggest potential danger is the GT4 version which goes open loop on boost and will therefore run weaker at a time when running weak can melt things. Standard ECU's have a goos safety margin so should be ok. Aftermarket ECU's are another story.

Hi Chris need help my mechanic just done clutch on my Celica gen6 st202 ,the speedo wires were taped up from before so his not sure which wire goes where we got 1-red 2 blues going to a sensor on the gearbox any images or pictures pls. help would be much appreciated.

thanks

I can try to get photos tomorrow, not got a Celica at home at the moment.

On 21/11/2020 at 21:26, digs said:

Will it damage anything? Seems conflicting messages on that - in terms of seals etc . 

My memory tells me that methanol is the really nasty one, Ethanol not so bad. If the system copes with 5% ethanol, then I doubt it would have a problem with 10%.

• Thanks 1

Ethanol can damage rubber parts on older cars. I bought a none runner car a few years ago, the fuel pumps sat in a rubber holder in the tank. These had disintegrated, been sucked into the pumps and wrecked them. As far as I know it was due to the ethanol, settling to the bottom of the tank and destroying the rubber as the car had stood for a year.

Esso have just released a new supreme 99. In most areas of the country it contains no nasty ethanol, just pure dino juice. Ideal for older cars and Jap imports. I'll be using that in the faff from now on, as I have a Esso garage round the corner.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.