The Vert Thread - general information & owners list

Hopefully, should shift pretty well. Front brakes have been upgraded to ST185 discs and calipers - only because I got the caipers with RedStuff pads and the pads are bigger in comparision with ST202 pads. Discs are only 2mm bigger in diameter.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

Mine :D Add me to the owners list, please. Just bought this beauty from a bloke in Crowborough, near Tunbridge Wells, collecting it tomorrow :doh::):lol:

It's a 1999 UK spec Gen 6 GT vert, registered in March 1999 with the registration T202JOG. This was changed when the owner bought a cherished plate on 12 Jan 2001, so now it's P11MMK.

It has had 2 owners from new, has a full Toyota service history, and 78,000 miles on the clock. Full leather interior, air conditioning (needs degassing), power hood and power front & rear windows, all of which work, as does the electric aerial. It's in absolutely immaculate condition, just 2 small car park dints which you can only see if you're looking for them. The cambelt has been done earlier this year, but the tensioner bearing is a bit noisy, so I'll eventually replace that. The usual crappy Toyota 15" wheels, with the usual corrosion, so I'l keep those on through the winter and then invest in a set of 17" or 18" alloys. I'll also look around for a hood cover for when it's down, if anyone knows where they can be obtained please let me know.

I've been after a decent one for years, so I'm really looking forwrd to it.

post-26736-1283153193_thumb.jpg

post-26736-1283153219_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gen6GT
Moved into this thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, me again! :)

I sold White Lightening to David C last year, who has renamed her LC and made her look utterly gorgeous with a full respray (see Gen 4 forum)

Am now the owner of Ziggy Stardust, 1988 white Gen 4 vert (pictured by my name) which is undergoing MOT repairs (exhaust manifold, new rad etc.)

even as I type.... :)

Z

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Kar1 - in the corp section,

wants back seats for a Gen6 convertible.

I only have the back, not the base.

He wants a template set for making leather interiors for the convertible.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone

As some of you know i went down to Truro a couple of months back and came home with Frodo's vert, lovely car and i'm very pleased with it.

Pics have been a long time coming but here's a few

She came with original gen 6 wheels which were a bit scabby so that was first on the list to change

celica2001.jpg

celica2006.jpg

So i bought some gen 7 wheels (thanks Minx's Celica)and then bought another gen 7 wheel for a spare plus some crystal side repeaters(thanks Maskerade), painted the calipers red and recieved my club tax disc holder which i put on along with my club stickers, saved for the occasion from last year :)

Now she looks like this

131.jpg

136.jpg

Yes the rear window problem not been looked at yet and i have a very long ariel which needs sorting, also want to get crystal front indicators next and on the lookout for a nice steering wheel as the one i have is a bit worn

Very pleased to have bought one with a tonneuo cover as these seem to be rare as hens teeth, i shall be looking after that

Had a bit of a spend up in Halfords when they were doing their offer so next time i have a weekend off is time for a good clean and polish :)

113.jpg

117.jpg

Oh and i thought i'd park it up next to an ugly one ;)

124.jpg

And i also found she's pretty good for moving the odd thing :)

Carefully though!

118.jpg

Looking forward to the Ace Cafe Meet and a nice dry evening so the top can be down driving there :)

• 1 year later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.