The Vert Thread - general information & owners list

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Having finished the interior mods to my car, I thought that I should post some pics here.

These pics are already on the Gen 5 forum, so I hope that I'm not breaking any rules by also posting them here.

LEATHERINTERIOR002A.jpg

LEATHERINTERIOR010a.jpg

LEATHERINTERIOR019a-1.jpg

LEATHERINTERIOR016a.jpg

Now all I need is some warm sunny weather.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi coughdrop, you may have answered this question but i cant seem to get the links at the start of this thread to work ?

Just wanted to read up on things a bit............Cheers Sivo.

• 2 weeks later...

New member, and recently became a Gen 6 convertible owner. :lol:

Red pre-facelift import model, in need of a little tlc hear and there. Clutch problem preventing me driving it at the mo (its a manual).

I have a problem with a leaky rear window I believe - the fabric strip at the bottom is coming away, and there seems to be a fair bit of water in the plastic....erm.. big back thing under the window and behind the rear seats? Is it normal for a little water to be there, or is it only to help support the folded roof when its down?

Managed to sort out the non-working rear windows by taking apart and cleaning the switches. One seems a bit rough/wobbly though, so suspect a support or something needs looking at. I noticed the links on the first page include a few of the things I needs to sort out - but they don't work anymore. Can the info be found anywhere else?

Trying to get the car sorted for summer - if it every stops raining!! :lol:

EDIT: Picture added of "good side" of car. :blush:

post-15141-1201634216_thumb.jpg

Edited by Fizzy

Yeah, my hood is leaking BADLY, so I need to find a new one somewhere - keep in touch if you find the perfect solution. The bag fills up but even worse it now tracks through under the back seat to the floor.... very soggy! The links on the front page were from before the forum was changed so they don't work any more. You might be able to find them using the search, but if you have specific questions just ask here. One of my back windows goes down but not up! She definitely needs some TLC.... Interesting red hood, not seen one of those before.

• 3 months later...

took the hood off mine for the 1st time in a long time today.

Also bought some stuff called Renovo for the plastci window - really cleared it up and can see out of it loads better now - not that the roof will be on much now. . .

• 4 weeks later...

Hiya! coughdrop, now that I've finally paid up you can add my black UK 6g to the list.

Also does anyone know howmany were imported by the manufacturer to the UK. thanks, Topshed :shrug:

Edited by topshed

Saw this on another site and figured we could use the knowledge if anyone was having probs with their roof motors... seems to have worked for quite a few of the members on there...

Ok so i've been meaning to post this for awhile now, but haven't had the chance till now. Well i've heard a lot of people having problems with thier convertible top opening and closing. And usually the motor is still good, except there is a part inside that is broken. What happened with mine was that one of the sides stopped working and my convertible top needed assistance opening and closing. But the motor was still good, cause it still made noise when i pressed the button. The problem was a pin inside. So if you are having this problem, and your motor still sounds good, then try this, and it may solve your problem...

First you'll need to remove your convertible top motor from which ever side isn't working properly. So first remove the bottom part of the seats, they just pop right out, they are held in by two clips in the front. Then you will need to remove the rear plastic panel on the side your trying to get to. Don't worry bout the seat belts, you can leave those attached, cause you just need to get the panel out of the way. After those are out of your way, You should be able to see the convertible top motors. They are held in by 4 10mm bolts, but you will also need to remove the rear speakers and cut a zip tie before you can unplug the wiring clip and remove the motor. After you remove the motor, you will need to take off 4 hex bolts connecting the motor to a black box that has gears in it. After you take that apart, it should look like this...

vertmotor1.gif

Now we can take a look at the problem. There is supposed to be a pin that keeps the gear moving when the motor moves. When this pin breaks, the motor will just keep spinning, but it has nothing left to turn the gear. This pin seems to break off since it happened to both of my motors. Im guessing its like a fail safe device or something, if there's too much stress put on the motor is just breaks the pin, so you dont burn out the motor? Thats my guess. Or maybe the pins just suck. Well anyways, it needed to be replaced. Here's a picture of the Motor with the broken pin removed...

vertmotor2.gif

Here's a picture of what was left of the pin...

vertmotor3.gif

Here's where your gunna need to improvise cuase i couldn't find a part number for the pin. I ended up cutting drill bits in half and using the solid end as the pin, whatever get's it done right? haha Im guessing you could use any pin as long as it fits in the hole pretty snug. I hope this helps :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

awwwww.... well my soft-top is so leaky I get a slooshing sound as I go round corners, the 'bag' is so full of water, but what a joy when it's off! .... and anyhow we get the best of both worlds, don't we? Certainly cruising through Italy with the top off last summer was pure joy. :(

• 1 month later...
Guest mike2001

Hi,

Can I add my Gen 5 ST183 1992 import to the list please. I've had it since November 2007 It came to me in pretty rough condition from Bradford, which is somewhere near Leeds 'cos I flew up to Leeds and Bradford airport to pick it up.

It came fitted with a GT4 bonnet

Have had the following fitted;

New rear window

Replacement engine

New radiator

Replacement everything on rear brakes

Replacement front pads (for now)

Powerflow SS exhaust, which replaces Cat too

K&N 57i intake filter

Sony radio, Cd, Mp3 Ipod compatible to replace Jap double din model

Replacement Amp under the front passenger seat

New horns & 1 bulb in number plate light for MOT

BMW mini sunvisors to replace water/sun damaged cardboard Toyota ones

Gen 7 black leather front seats

Thatcham full alarm fitted

New rear lights 'cos old ones were jap pattern ones & full of water due to never having drain holes drilled out.

Tonneau cover from a guy on ebay who was advertising a vert and accepted my offer on the tonneau only,

A few resprayed panels which were previously vandalised.

Willwood front brakes 308mm discs

Loads more to do yet

I'll try and upload some photos when I get a chance. :gay::)

Edited by mike2001

• 10 months later...

Hi,

Could you add me to the list of vert owner please? I've recently bought xeon84's white '87 cabriolet.

For piccies, they are on the Garage forum listed under the previous owner.

Thanks,

Zizzi

• 6 months later...

Hi, all ad me to the list too i bought the car off fizzy.

I ve done most of the work to it, i ve cleaned the hood and re proofed it so it does nt leak at all. I changed a lot of the interior (renewed) and had the car machine polished. Looking good for new summer.

Kev

• 2 months later...

Been on the club for a while now but never seen this thread.

I have a red G6 vert with a GT4 front end - bought it like that.

It needs a new roof now.

Got rid of the original engine and am in the process of fitting a ST205 engine with a E153 gearbox with LSD in it.

Please add me to the list too. As soon as I give it a bit of a wash on a nice sunny, I'll get some pictures up.

• 3 weeks later...
Been on the club for a while now but never seen this thread.

I have a red G6 vert with a GT4 front end - bought it like that.

It needs a new roof now.

Got rid of the original engine and am in the process of fitting a ST205 engine with a E153 gearbox with LSD in it.

Please add me to the list too. As soon as I give it a bit of a wash on a nice sunny, I'll get some pictures up.

I like the sound of that,3sgte power too :lol:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.