Celica photo challenge.

johny

I was working with the cops and VOSA on Operation Mermaid - being an Environmental Protection guy nowadays, I got to tell the copper which lorries to stop to be checked for waste carrier licences and stuff. I actually got to use the one word of Slovenian that stuck in my brain when we were out there, too ... "hvala" for "thank you". Stopped a dodgy looking Slovenian lorry, see. :dance:

It was just the most fun I've had for years. "Stop that one!" ... zzzoooommm, lights and sirens, etc. Great. The bloke was a scarily fast driver - had to get the lorries before they got to the next roundabout, so they could be "follow me-d" into the inspection station. :lol: Amazing how many average drivers just don't see a big police traffic BMW with its blue flashers on, though.

I had the little 185 with me because I knew there was a fair chance of a bunch of cop cars being there, and had it in my head that was what the challenge still was. :dance:

Back to Christmassy stuff, and in the interests of getting moving again ... how about a Celica with a Santa hat on the aerial?

Angus

Hold the press!

13122008148.jpg

Next challenge, a celica with it's twin, same colour and generation, ideally without crossing convertables, GT4s and pre/post facelift models, but that's relaxable if it's too hard.

Great pic but TOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooo late, unless Angus wishes to hand it over to you

I thought Angus's multiply police cars was a late entry for the last challenge. :D

It didn't stall going through, I don't think the Celica would, considering it's design of air intake, you'd have to submerge it about 2 feet before any got sucked up (Or were you thinking it would stall for another reason?). Lots of steam poured up from the bonnet after though for a couple seconds.

Next challenge, a celica with it's twin, same colour and generation, ideally without crossing convertables, GT4s and pre/post facelift models, but that's relaxable if it's too hard.
OK so, the new challenge is "Your car with it's twin" please can it be a NEW photo.

Apologies it's not a NEW photo, but two identical Sunchasers together is a rare shot at any time :D

Selkirk2006Sunchasersfr.jpg

Selkirk Rally 2006 when I drove MR X up to Scotland for the opportunity to have a snap with Debbie Wade's Sunchaser.

Let me know if this is acceptable and I'll set a new challenge.

Usually you get soggy electrics if zooming through a big puddle like that, the car stalls out and refuses to restart till you've dried the dist. cap etc off a bit. Handy to carry a tin of WD40 or similar just in case at this time of year!

Perhaps you've just got good under-engine splash panels, unlike many second hand cars where PO has removed them to get at something on the engine and wasn't arsed to put them back ...

MisterC - unusual to see so many Triumph Stags in one place and not one of them on fire! :D

Angus

Edited by Angus

misterC, top photo, definatly acceptable.

Right then, your Celica next to a branch of Woolworths, brownie points if it's got a closing down sale sign in the window :D

Snap a piece of High Street history before they all disappear.

OOOPS, I will try and do it today. The problem I realised is that our branch is in the middle of a high street where no cars are allowed until a certain time, :D watch this space,, - it will be worth it. :D

Edited by vvtiofman

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.