GT4 listed as 1 of 60 seriously undervalued cars worth more....

CheltGirl

Yeh, they're so ugly :rolleyes: not sure why anyone would bother fitting a 205 lump into a CS though, it devalues it as it's unoriginal - and it will fail with blown ringlands, just up the boost slightly on a cs and hey presto, same power as a 205, and for a grand or so less.

post-29051-0-65273700-1445966753_thumb.jpg

Just did some more digging on the above car, quite strangely, it appears that there are 3 cars bearing the same tte reg, k-AM 8202

post-29051-0-70567000-1445991027_thumb.jpg

post-29051-0-13263100-1445991040_thumb.jpg

So, a red widebodied car, a white repsol car, and currently a red narrowbodied car - complete with facelift gti front bumper ?

Edited by Paulus3476

As Paul says, there's nothing fundamental about the gen 6 engine to make the change worthwhile. I did it on mine working on the theory that being a newer engine they would generally be less worn. Subsequent experience with a few engines of each type have shown the 205 engines generally have more bore wear.

The power gains are largely from bigger turbo, more boost, better chargecooling.and more modern/accurate engine management. The CS/RC variant had the better chargecooling, plus a slightly bigger turbo than the a-a version.

KG motorsport ( N.Ireland ) are selling the nasty looking red car for £55k. They are reputable, but it looks dodgy to me, it looks like either 3 different cars bearing the same tte reg - or an original tte repsol car has been re-painted in red, and then converted to a shitty looking narrowbodied car, as it currently appears.

The repsol car is clearly original - it may have been re-painted red ( why would anyone do that ? ) so the 2nd picture could be legit - how it can then transform into what looks like a narrowbodied car, with gti front bumper, I don't know. It may have been crashed and re-shelled, is that allowed ? Why would it not be re-shelled using a widebody ? It just struck me as a lot of money for what looks on the surface to be a dodgy 'ex works' car.

^that looks wide to me Paul.. the sideways out the corner shot it looks like the rear q panel has been made into a narrow body, not on purpose but :o hmm im off for a few days, test drive :D

7085361ed76261977e7342612fb3c1d5.JPEGf3c2d35c1b232ee9a71c8762ac1d08fd.JPEGec53fbb89a21c7930e5e926bb46930ee.JPEG3bdd7e19094ab98abdfc14df3095c1b7.JPEGFactory Ex Works Celica 185 GPA, Ex Markku Alen. Very original car never been restored. Currently in Irish Tarmac trim and RHD. Car can be converted back to original Factory LHD at extra cost. comes with Wheels and some spares also. its in Londonderry N.I.

if it wasnt that far away i wood be checking it out, theres a few celicaireland members up that way, i will say to them to have a sniff round if possible :) the only other tte car i have seen for sale was in england and they where looking 125,000. white castrol :drool:

Doesn't that pic look as though a wide front body has been put on a narrow body car? The front wings and bumper definitely look widebody and the rest rather narrow - or is that configuration impossible because of floorpan etc?

Bumpers are interchangeable but only safe if the correct support bars are also changed which most often are not so in a crash it doesn't act correctly.

Interesting this sparked a discussion on gen 5's when the article is actually about gen 4's!

Shame MSN can't get their facts/details/pics correct when talking about the gen 4 ST165 GT-Four but nice to know they recognise it in their list :)

All gen 5 bumpers used the same crash bar - except for the lightweight CS support - which offered no protection at all.

(Ignoring the contradiction ;) ) So as I said above they don't all use the same support bar and so when people swap their standard bumpers for a CS/RC version they often don't fit the correct bars for it (and in some cases I would guess none at all).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.