Water in the intake!

Evening peeps, been helping my pal with changing his engine, or rather trying to sort out the teething problems. It's been idling around 3k and we removed the throttle body to find the intake full of coolant.

Can anyone shed some light as to why?

The pipe work looks correct but if anyone knows of any pipe work diagrams?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I'm guessing you have put the water pipe where the breather pipe should be - can you post some pictures

Lucky you havent hydrolocked it - quite suprised how it hasn't actually

Edited by ams

the only pipes i can think you could possibly mix up are the 2 smaller ones going to the coolant bottle. One comes from the throttle body and the other I can't remember of the top of my head.

I'll try and get some up for you as soon as I can but its so tight it's hard to fit my fingers in! (Sure there's an innuendo somewhere lol)

And yeah, he's really lucky! Thankfully it hasn't been driven and was just trying to bleed coolant through from a leak from the heater pipes on the bulk head.

Well that's a possibility as my car came with a k&n typhoon so I was ignoring the smaller pipes!

Does this pipe happen to be one that is similar in size to the pipe going to the air box? He had a pipe that looked like half a square just hanging.

I'll give him shout for the pictures today as well.

the pipe like "half a square" if it goes to a nipple (titter) at the front right corner of the intake manifold them leave it alone as long as the open end it's blanked off - it's a vacuum line that goes from the intake manifold to the secondary air injection.

Well that's if i'm deciphering your messages correctly lol

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.