Engine light ?

The other day a engine warning light came up solid orange (not sure if it goes red if problem serious) no power loss but when I turned engine off it never came back this was about 3-4 days ago and tonight same thing again solid orange engine light came on and once car turned off and back on it disappears done about 6 miles and never came back.

Any ideas what it could be before I start digging around engine and spending money on things it might not be.

Thanks in advance

It could be a whole hoste of things which trigger the engine management light, so without getting a diagnostic check done you would be pouring money down the drain changing things on the off chance you may change the item which is causing the issue.

The ODB scanners are good and allows you to turn off warning lights. They also point you in the direction of which item is about to or has failed.

Found out why battery died. Today taking shopping out the boot I noticed all my dash lights and fans were on... thinking shit left the keys in and ignition on so reached in to get keys and no keys there they were in my pocket :/ so ignition does not switch off all the time any1 had this problem ??

Is your car a gen 6 (looking at your avatar pic)?

Putting your model in your profile would help ;)

If so then you can perform an error check, click the technical link on my site URL link in my SIG and there is a guide to do an ECU error checking (its for gen 5 but is the same procedure) and also a list of the error codes and what they mean.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.