Abs light with warning light ?

jakey__boy

Hi guys,

Need your help. These lights come on when i reach 50mph. When i drive around the estate in slow speeds, they do eventually go off. What do u think it could be?

20150127_214535.jpg

I'm guessing that the car is getting different readings from left/right abs sensors.

Tracking maybe?

Wheels are the same size with same tires.

Thanks very much for your help.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Normally if an ABS sensor in one of the wheels is faulty, it'll think the wheels are spinning at different speeds when you reach a certain speed, hence why the warning light comes on at 50mph and goes when going slower.

Happened to my dad's Passat!

I notice the instrument cluster is not standard has this been fitted long? Could it be a bad contact after fitting the cluster?

Its been about 6 months since i fitted it.

But I've noticed today, that the brake pedal started acting weird and its making noises when compressed at very slow speeds.

Normally if an ABS sensor in one of the wheels is faulty, it'll think the wheels are spinning at different speeds when you reach a certain speed, hence why the warning light comes on at 50mph and goes when going slower.

Happened to my dad's Passat!

Thanks, yeah, I'll have to have a look at them.

Are all 4 of your tyres the same size? Faulty abs sensor normally comes on permanently - I have found if it comes on at higher speeds only it's usually odd sized tyres

Thanks ams, yeah, i read that somewhere, but the wheels are same size and so are the tyres. Fitted 4 brand new tyres 2 months ago. Do you think a bad tracking could trigger this?

Possible abs Sensor or the ring on the joint might have a crack. Pull the code using the old port to check which wheel is playing up

Thanks Ben, do you happen to have a link to a guide for this?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.