US spec rear lights - illegal?

wintersun

Just looking at making the rear lights a little different if I dont go down the JDM late spec route. I see the US Celica's have corner lights on their rear clusters. Would this be illegal in the UK?

I know some Euro spec cars have front and rear corner lights like some volvos, BMW's etc. But would swapping over my rear lights to these be ok?

couple of photos to show what i mean? anyone on here done it?

post-14800-0-64353700-1413280180_thumb.jpg

post-14800-0-17680600-1413280194_thumb.jpg

That's not what he was askin Thomas lol it still has amber indicators he just meant at the very end of the cluster there is another light

I can't see why they would be illegal, just part of the sidelights to me

• Like 1

Lorries are down the sides not on the rear I think they are close enough to th rear you might have to turn them red in colour so they just look like an extra part of the rear lights and then have you amber indicators flashing in the middle

Lorries are down the sides not on the rear I think they are close enough to th rear you might have to turn them red in colour so they just look like an extra part of the rear lights and then have you amber indicators flashing in the middle

yes, orange right up to the rear indicators mate, sides of rear lights are black out and from the rear there are red "width" markers just above the lights but they cant be seen from the side. 2 6 week old volvo tippers in my place and most older stuff is like this. you CANT see any red from the side, thats where the mot wood fail on a car, just minded, old volvo cars have these too :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.