Recommend me a knob?

Hey guys,

Anyone got any recommendations for a weighted gear knob to go with a shortshifter? I've seen a few people recommend picking one up, but a specifically heavy one is hard to track down, especially that doesn't look like it's straight out of the Halfords boy racer section!

I'm sure I could have thought of a better knob joke for the title...

Felt a bit bad there was a gear knob thread only a month old that got bumped after I posted this! I took a punt on a £10 concave GT86 knockoff as a holdover - still interested how much difference the weight makes to the shift feel though. Some of the alu chunks weigh 450g which seems like a lot!

ive just been given a red gear knob. its metal and weighs a ton. il get a pic of it later.

not my kind of thing so if any use to you I can always post it to you.

I'd be keen to give it a try and compare if it changes the experience! Pic would be cool, I'll happily give you some beer tokens for it if it's the badger :)

Are the door panels easy to get off? I've still got the paper cone speakers in the door panels. Want to swap them. Also I have an amplified system, the leads to convert are part no: PC9-411 or PC9-406 any idea which are the right ones? 1994 gt ssii cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Mikeymcmk

• 2 weeks later...

Standard GT86 gear knob they come in two colours black or red and they look great!!! I have the genuine GT86 TRD gear knob in my GT which looks awsome :) :)

Just got one of these but It isn't a direct fit is it? It screws on ok but it's fully tight and the gear selection text and TRD logo are skew whiff. How did you fit yours properly?

Alloy weighted gear knob with short shifter, the dude dont sell these anymore but the pic gives you some idea how they look.

20130619_115630_zpscb6836f8.jpg

Off topic but where did you get the cigarette lighter? Looks good

this is a link to where I got mine. Very helpful. Will guide you to alternative designs if the one on the link isnt just so for you.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/M14-14x1-25mm-Gearknob-Shift-Pattern-Aluminium-JDM-Short-Shifter-Knob-Universal-/321418433654?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4ad6081476

Edited by daytona

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.