Intercooler on N/A engine

wilo

And as iv stated a billion times guys I would love to have the damn thing piggy backed but I need company names and prices :rolleyes: .

tuning developments will fit and tune a piggy back http://www.tuningdevelopments.co.uk/index.php?cPath=6_30

http://www.tuningdevelopments.co.uk/index.php?cPath=624

or do what I did, buy one second hand. Find a guy who will build plug and play harnesses (pm me if you need to) and learn how to tune :)

Edited by digs

Turbo'ing your engine will remove some of what makes it a good engine because you'll have to lower your compression for a start. In my opinion, you'd be better of swapping a 3S-GTE motor into your shell if you want to go forced induction.

tuning developments will fit and tune a piggy back http://www.tuningdevelopments.co.uk/index.php?cPath=6_30

or do what I did, buy one second hand. Find a guy who will build plug and play harnesses (pm me if you need to) and learn how to tune :)

Thank you Digs ...finally getting somewhere .

cheers for the offer too ..might take you up on that as I don't mind learning how to do stuff my self so I could tweek and retune if I turbo or super charge in the future :)

TBH mate I think your going to have to travel to find someone to fit ecu and map your car.

I know I would sooner travel 2-3 hours to find someone who knows what their doing rather than give it to a local place who will probably be "experimenting" with your car.

• Like 1

Turbo'ing your engine will remove some of what makes it a good engine because you'll have to lower your compression for a start. In my opinion, you'd be better of swapping a 3S-GTE motor into your shell if you want to go forced induction.

ill be happy just getting it piggybacked for now tbh and I see where your coming from and kinda agree

Just emailed them ...fingers crossed :)

Had a look on their web site .

does this one look right for what I would need ?...http://www.tuningdevelopments.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=298.

Very interested in this feature .......The ability to switch between 2 preset tuning Maps (i.e. Street or Race program) via externally mounted toggle switches

everyone will have opinions on piggy backs (are they worth it, should you go for full replacement, which is better, etc) so make sure you research and chat.

Having said that.....I use an emanage blue, and the ultimate is the better one that I would much rather have, more features including auto tuning, full injector control, etc. Just because I know the emanage, I would be happy with an ultimate.

However....get as many opinions as possible, others get recommended :)

• Like 1

• just got this Email back ....

Good morning,

Power gains are minimal on the 3SGE beams, peak power would be around 10bhp more than it is currently, the car would make more mid range power and torque which would make it nicer to drive, however unlike turbo engines the gains aren't huge.
For an EManage Ultimate piggy back with installation and tuning on the dyno would be £995.00 inc VAT.
Any questions, just shout.

Kind Regards,

Mike Jones

Tuning Developments LTD - Stri-Racing UK Distributor

Unit 19 | Trinity Court | Birchwood | Warrington | Cheshire | WA3 6QT

Workshop Landline - 01925 822266

Mike@tuningdevelopments.co.uk

www.Tuningdevelopments.co.uk

more than likely will . you recon I will notice 10bhp difference ? doesn't seem much .

iv asked them to email me any other things they can do to improve the performance within a budget of £2000 .

If the ultimate ECU is the only option then I will most likely go with this

Seems a reasonable price...£100/BHP.... :D

is that sarcasm I detect there :lol: ...I was just thinking that too :)

Personally I don't think you'll notice 10bhp, if it was a caterham style car then yes.

on their email to me they said it would improve torque and midrange .....are these are separate factors to bhp and do you think I will notice a difference in midrange power or acceleration?

Haha when you look at it that way it seems quite steep but then again 10bhp isnt to be mocked tbh :thumbs:

so for a grand it would be running at roughly the same bhp as the blacktop duel vvti beams engine then :D

It will increase power as they say but I don't think the difference will be that great that you'll really notice it in any situation tbh

Fook my luck . I don't mind spending a grand but not if wont feel a difference . its all well and good on paper but I want to feel like a grands worth of work has been done ...cheers for heads up mate ill have to think on this now .

My first upgrade would be the brakes - the standard twinpots on the Beams were never quite up for the task, in my opinion. That's why I swapped to the full ST205 setup on mine, and they were superb!

Bigger brakes, properly uprated suspension then start looking for more power!

But if it gives you more torque throughout the rev range, that is useable power.

Bhp is useful, but they might actually make it more drivable. Mind you, have your done all other work first?

Brakes, tyres, handling?

no ordered some toyo proxys and my brother is doing the brake upgrade next month when I get the toyos ...will probably get it lowered at the same time as the brakes .

Always something tbh ...the guys who welded the backbox on have done a shite job and it cracked on the weld today so it going to YCR in the morning (the garage that did the decat ) to get sorted properly as sounds like a damn tractor right now .

Im also getting the engine checked because when I came back from York the other day (was thrashing it ) as I got back home there was faint white smoke coming from behind the engine and I could smell burning (like oil/rubber) .

its happened 3 times now but not losing oil or coolant .

I spoke to one of lads from YCR last night and he recons its just oil burning off from all that oil I lost when the rocker gasket split last week and said it will take ages to burn off , hope he is right

so you can say this car is keeping me well and truly busy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.