Nice new back brakes

Went to my mates garage to get my new handbrake cables fitted and upon removing the caliper the old pad just fell apart

IMAG0023_zpslaq7jkof.jpg

So for fitting and setup of new handbrake cables and supply and fitting of new rear pads (shoes were changed 4 weeks ago) he charged me £50 and I supplied the cables myself at a cost of just over £50 so all in baring the shoes it's cost me a shade over £100 :)

Oh and the shoes cost me £15 a few weeks back and £15 for a clean up and setup.

Eek! Blimey I'm surprised those wern't picked up at last MOT. Glad it's sorted :thumbs:

I was working at Citroen last mot so it was just a breeze over and check main safety stuff and the 2 parts of the pad u can see they wud have been together. Dam messy tho and am so chuffed I have a handbrake and more precise brakes :)

IMAG0024_zps1xk3jvlb.jpg

I think water has found its way between the friction material and backing plate and over a number of years it has been quietly corroding.

Now you need some new rear discs because those look like they have worn below their service limit.

Edited by Toy'Boy

I think water has found its way between the friction material and backing plate and over a number of years it has been quietly corroding.

Now you need some new rear discs because those look like they have worn below their service limit.

That's exactly what my mechanic said and yep I looked at the discs n thort hmmm those shall be changed soon...

Ebc pads? The old ones or the new fitted ones?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.