Been lurking for too long!

COBRO

great colour and sweet looking motor

oh and if you are losing coolant it will almost certainly be the rad , mine was doing it for months before it finally went , very hard to see a leak as you can only see rad from engine bay , looking from front of the car is the ac condenser which hides the rad

Edited by Bumblebee

Car looks great, nice to see another bright Gen 7 joining the fold. Those alloys need spacing out a bit to fill the arches. 15mm hubcentric spacers from H&R on the front and 22mm bolt on spacers on the rear from Freakyparts would finish the car off nicely ;)

That's exactly what I was thinking but didn't know by how much, I thought 10mm would be enough for the back lol.

great colour and sweet looking motor

oh and if you are losing coolant it will almost certainly be the rad , mine was doing it for months before it finally went , very hard to see a leak as you can only see rad from engine bay , looking from front of the car is the ac condenser which hides the rad

Ye I've been looking for leaks but found none. I've been driving it alot recently so ill check the water level when it cools down to see how much I've lost. Also have you heard or tried using K Seal?

very nice mate , so he never told you it had stage two cams ?

is this your first celica too , i know when i got my tsport it felt like a car ive never had before but surely stage 2 cams would of been a heck of a difference.does look really nice and very similar to adams 417bhp beast but hey we all do same things most of us on here so why not its your car at the end of the day :)

welcome to the site mate

I had a 140 before and this was my first time in a 190 so I was blown away. After doing 0 to 60 mph test though I realised something was fishy. I just blamed the extra speed on the custom exhaust and my super professional gear changing :) (not really, I was lying to myself)

COBBLERS!!!!

How you doing????

Relieved to hear car still running and you still have licence :thumbs: .

Now you can't say I didn't warn you to be cautious over it's history. lol

But if it was running right and the price was right wtf! eh?

as for leg end? only in my own lunchbox mate! ;)

:wttc:

Everything went well Ian, you can understand my relief of reaching home after travelling 6 hours on the coach followed by 230 miles on a new car which may have a hidden problem, my paranoia was all over the place. One single weird noise and my heart would sink. But nothing of that sort happened and I got myself a beauty.

do not use K seal or any other sealer , it blocks the heater matrix and any other small water passages . You can replace the radiator , which is normally always the culprit when you cant find the leak , for less than £100 inc coolant. use a piece of white kitchen towel and gently wipe It along the cross member below the rad , see if you can see any colouring from the coolant

do not use K seal or any other sealer , it blocks the heater matrix and any other small water passages . You can replace the radiator , which is normally always the culprit when you cant find the leak , for less than £100 inc coolant. use a piece of white kitchen towel and gently wipe It along the cross member below the rad , see if you can see any colouring from the coolant

Ill try that, if it ever stops raining. There's so many positive reviews for K seal, if I didn't ask you, if probably have bought it and messed up the matrix.

Edited by COBRO

maybe ok for some cars , I guess it depends on matrix internal sizes , but some people on here that have used it have had problems later on with blocked heater matrix. That is a pita to replace so really not worth the gamble in my view. If you change the rad out follow the bleeding instructions that are on a sticker on the underside of the bonnet otherwise you wont get rid of all the air in the system. Rad is a real easy job, did mine without having to remove bumper too . Allow 2 hours and you will do it easy inc the bleeding which can take 30 mins to do properly

maybe ok for some cars , I guess it depends on matrix internal sizes , but some people on here that have used it have had problems later on with blocked heater matrix. That is a pita to replace so really not worth the gamble in my view. If you change the rad out follow the bleeding instructions that are on a sticker on the underside of the bonnet otherwise you wont get rid of all the air in the system. Rad is a real easy job, did mine without having to remove bumper too . Allow 2 hours and you will do it easy inc the bleeding which can take 30 mins to do properly

Thanks bro ill defo be doing this, I hope its not the water pump or matrix thats causing it.

I highly recommend Stewart @ Freaky parts for spacers. Mines on 17 front 27 rear.

How much you reckon my spacers would cost? And what you gonna do with your m sport spoiler? You still got your night rider lights?

a decent set will set you back around £100. Look on the group buys section. He did a special offer a few weeks ago. Don't buy cheap crap from ebay!

Will be getting a price for replicating spoiler over next day or two. Subject to that I think sticking it on the back end of the car is the favoured option ;)

and yup the swoooooooosh is a permanent feature :D

if it were the heater matrix the inside of the car would be wet . If the water pump is leaking you will see crystalised colouring on the water pump casing from the tell tale hole underneath . Mine weeped for several years but never gave up . changed out any way

Been in the shadows for a long time, about time I came out... Before it consumes me and I remain... A lurker.. forever.

Had this vvti before, I miss her, she was called Sonia!

6552E775-D13E-4F8B-A550-1BDFEFB98BFB.jpg

Didn't know I could request a username change until it was too late.

I needed my celica fix, I was an addict, and I needed a stronger dosage. I tossed and turned looking for a vvtli... Until... Oneday On fleabay I found her... My Selma!

6D84378A-2EE9-4543-AA2C-0C8B1E26A969.jpg

By the time a came to a stop, I was still jizzing from lift. Such force, such speed, such wow.

Here I humbly parked next to the great legend Daytona (who nicknamed it "flying snot", but my phone flash let me down so you can't really see him.

BE3508F1-A1A3-45FF-A705-98A4EFD4FDA9.jpg

I reckon I keep talking to a minimum and post pics, because everyone loves the pickez

D1B85C9E-A069-45E0-B375-41C8035D88E3.jpg

176796F6-7BAC-44F5-B0C0-1AA19B3A01FB.jpg

The exhaust gave a headache on my first drive, sounded like dub step to an old man. Now I love it. As if the colour wasnt loud enough.

48EF001A-7AEF-4FB5-80E4-B9C8813CF617.jpg

M sport spoiler would finish it off right? Keeping an eye on daytona's group.

Never thought I'd be driving a lime green car, now I love walking back to the car park seeing all the other neutral coloured cars, and then there's mine, easy to find.

98E75906-A5B9-412D-96A4-7EF7D29B6EE7.jpg

List of current mods:

Cat back

Lowered

17" Rota's

Greddy lip

Trd sides

Trd valance

Hid 6000k

Red windscreen sticker (-2bhp)

Rear sticker (-2bhp)

Stickers slow me down so ill probably take em off.

11F74ED4-B356-4C9F-8F49-9643DB69E60B.jpg

There's a weird grinding noise sometimes from the rear driver wheel and a whirling sound from the engine... Normal noises? And sometimes I loose coolant but no radiator leaks, just a bubbling sound when I start up.

I love the shade of snot green :) want to customise my celica with a luminous colour :)

Car looks awesome buddy. So much love for the greddy lip!

I just don't know if I could have it with the annoying amount of speed bumps I have to go over each day :( still not written off getting one just yet

And as everyone else has said, great colour! :D

Thanks bud, and my biggest problem is humps. I have to drive at 10mph over em. Life's hard enough being lowered, but the greddy lip makes it even harder especialy at night when one if them humps jumps out infront of me like a ninja.

Can't mount curbs or steep driveways. I've scraped mine soo many times!! It hurts. But it's totally worth it for that mean azz front stance!

welcome! I do love the lime green, and as has been mentioned, there's only so many different combinations for parts and colours on the Celica, so whatever you do it's always going to resemble someone elses :)

At least the chances of coming across another one day-to-day is very very slim.

I'm just in Loughton, shall keep the eyes peeled for a lime green car while out and about near Romford/A12 area :)

With regards to the lip, lowered 35 and with the C-One lip I just had to crawl over the speedbumps, and approach them at an angle, 1 wheel at a time.

I think the C-One is a fraction lower than the Greddy too, so just take your time and you'll be fine :D

Yup. My C-one lip and slammed on coilies is just wonderful on our lovely flat uk roads...wait... What!?! :doh:

Loving the snot green too. Don't let the past history affect it. Seems to be good enough. And the stage 2's are an epic bonus. Will most defiantly inflate the impressiveness of your 0-60 times. :thumbs:

And yeah, space it out, spoiler it and enjoy... Or follow Adam... Stick a hooooge engine build I to it with a fully forged built block a mahoosive supercharger and go nuts!

Do your own thing to it, leave your mark, don't follow trends, make them. My car is all about individuality and making a statement. Jizz white (as you so lovingly call it :lol: ) is my way forward, but I do appreciate a good bold colour choice like this too.

Keep up the good work :thumbs:

:wttc:

Matt

Thanks guys, planning on spacing em out and short shifting it. But woke up to find this

81EB36CF-49E9-40E8-8A83-C3D1C8A05E66.jpg

Parked the car with the back facing outwards (don't usually do this), came back in the morning to that :(

Wd40'd and sprayed a lil laquer as a temp. Need to find a good body shop. It hurts. I don't wanna driver her no more. She's imperfect!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.